Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apex 1 is good, but I don't like the texture of the paint.

This... I'm in love. Love the paint, neck, pickups... Now if you'll excuse me, I will go and plug her in and shread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
How's the neck pickup?

It comes with a Blaze middle which I've read a lot of places doesn't sound so nice in the neck...it's a shame that Dimarzio doesn't make more 7 string singles.

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
Wow, how'd you get that already?! The US hasn't gotten any yet [that I know of].

First Apex everybody could like. Looks great.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Love it! One of my friends is a fellow guitar mag writer and he's trying to help me get an Ibanez endorsement (he thinks I qualify on the strength of my monthly instructional column, my blog audience, the clips of my playing on DiMarzio.com, etc. I hope so!). If it happens, the first thing I would get would be the APEX100.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. It plays great. The sound is just KoRn :) It's werry light, and the neck is great. Every detail is perfect. No complains at all. Even the set up was allmost perfect straight from the factory.

It's so cool that it doesen't scream "hey, look at me! I'm a signature model!" I will eat my hat, if this doesen't sell like hell.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
How's the neck pickup?

It comes with a Blaze middle which I've read a lot of places doesn't sound so nice in the neck...it's a shame that Dimarzio doesn't make more 7 string singles.
I'd disagree with that. I always thought the blaze middle was a fairly boring pickup, I'm more into traditional types for single coils (alnico etc) but really liked it in the neck when I installed one as an experiment.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd disagree with that. I always thought the blaze middle was a fairly boring pickup, I'm more into traditional types for single coils (alnico etc) but really liked it in the neck when I installed one as an experiment.
Your right, I was getting the Blaze mixed up with the Jem single, which I believe Dimarzio says should be middle only...

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
kills the uv777bk in my opinion. but then again, after over 10 years of the same UV, were all probably sick of lookin at it. but that has nothing to do wih this beautiful guitar!!! id lov to get one but for my next 7 im either going cheap (rg7620 or maybe rg7320 if i want something new) or i might get a 2001ish K7BG

1 - 20 of 49 Posts