Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best guitar I have bought so far this year. Came super clean, and set up. Just need to oil the fretboard and tweak the truss rod. Plenty of fret left. They are mediums. Neck is super fast.

This one is a keeper for sure. Was advertised as very good condition, but is actually excellent. Everything works as it should. It’s all original except the bar. Has a few small paint chips about the size of a pencil lead.

It’s in great shape for being 38 years old.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Electronic instrument Gadget Audio equipment Office equipment Musical instrument

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after 7 hours of experimenting, I finally got the Kahler sorted out. It is actually awesome now. I cleaned it thoroughly and experimented with different string heights and cam positions. The thing eats high E strings like candy.

I’ve heard that the strings will last longer with GHS or S.I.T. Strings. I also rad across a guy on YouTube that reinforces the ball end loop by soldering them. But that is something I don’t want to get into.

It is currentl set up to pull up a major third on the A string, and it can still dive to the point where the strings are slack. It is a very different animal indeed compared to a Floyd Rose.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked it off the stand after a few days and it’s still perfectly in tune. I think the guitar is done settling. I was able to abuse the **** out of the whammy and it still returns to zero. I am actually liking this Kahler now. Once it’s set, it’s set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts