Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this last week but better late than never right? ;)

I have to say, it's got a seriously impressive neck and better factory fretwork than any of my Ibanez or EBMM guitars. In fact, the fret finish blows away the two USA Charvels in a nearby shop, LOL.

The paint is way cooler in person and kinda hard to photograph. Between that and the neck I can't put it down. I'm still not quite sure about the pickups yet. They're EQ'd so different than my other guitars and I'm playing through a Mark V which is kinda a PITA to dial in so I'll have to do some more fiddling before I decide to possibly swap them out.

Anyway, if you're looking for something a little different to add a little variety to your Ibanez collection and want a really good bang for your buck under $1000, check out a Charvel Pro Mod.

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af252/allentoliver/Guitars/3dfc1bab.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af252/allentoliver/Guitars/34f00985.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af252/allentoliver/Guitars/57a5dce2.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a USA Pro Mod Wildcard#3 and a SO Cal.

Love them and love this new Wildcard #6.

It's common knowledge amongst owners that the new MIJ guitars have better fret work and finish.

I have a problem with non Floyd guitars though as I have a heavy left hand when it comes to string bending and vibrato.

How well does it stay in tune?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Charvels are the best bang for the buck. You get the sound and playability plus great looks and a killer price. Great guitars. FMIC gets a win for the Charvel line.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
nice guitar!!! I've heard nothing but great reviews about the necks on Charvels...I also appreciate the fact that they put good pups in their guitars, unlike some other companies we are all familiar with...I sooooo want to try a nice Charvel...don't have any in the music stores around where I live...

congrats on your new acquisition!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I'm definitely enjoying it.

TX-Joe: So far it's staying in tune really well actually. I'm not a fan of the Grover tuners though so I bought a set of Planet Waves auto-trim locking tuners that i plan on installing tonight. I got spoiled with them on my JS1600 ;)

If I could get this neck on an Ibanez I would be in heaven...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It's thin but not quite Wizard thin. It's closer to my JP6 but maybe a little rounder. The Edges of the fretboard are nice and rounded as well which makes it nice and comfy ;)
I think it's like the particular shape of the RBM1 necks :
Wizard but a little bit rounder, that is a must have for any kind of hand/fingers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for sharing that.

I have been curious about that particular model and glad to hear the neck is really nice.

Just hoping that the next 'wild card' color for this guitar will be black :).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys :) My only complaint is the pickups. The neck pickup is WAY too weak to be paired with that bridge pickup and the bridge pickup just isn't my cup of tea. I think I'm going to swap them out this weekend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts