Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I decided it's time for my first complete custom built guitar. Of course all the "usual" guys came to my mind but as I didn't like to wait 2 years or more I remembered a guy a good friend of mine recommended to me some time ago. I rang him up...and it was set up.

As you can clearly see on the pics, it's quite heavily inspired by a Vik Duality but definetly no copy as I gave it a bit more booty (took that from my ex-Mayones Regius, hence the imaginary "Vikoyes" title) changed some other things here and there so it now has it's own character and looks stunning (at least I think so ). Headstock was also a combination of some designs I like, plus I wanted to have the gorgeous wenge of the neck to be seen on it, too.

Specs:
-Black limba body with redwood one piece top, ivoroid binding
-7pcs wenge/maple neck
-Ziricote fretboard with Evo Jumbo frets
-BKP Nailbombs (Ceramic bridge, Alnico neck)
-ETS custom bridge
-Sperzel Tuners

Here we go with the pics:

I'll do some daylight pics soon to update here a bit :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say it was a steal...could be I was lucky because a good friend of mine knows the luthier since ages, but he's definetly not the "rip you off" kinda guy. Really always depends on what you want but I got it mine for 2k...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Oh, I thought you made it yourself. But 2k is indeed a bargain! Happy NGD, now go rip up some riff on that beast of a beauty!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Haha, I know that feel bro. I have so many ideas for guitars, but just not the materials and tools and time to make them. Such a shame, but I guess I'll leave it for my mid life crisis.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Beautiful and classy , what scale is it ? I've never seen that type of bridge before but I like .
Super congrats :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot! This is a 27" scale. I didn't know that bridge either but it has this special feature that you can go string through body or just mount it directly to the bridge, so this is just a fun thing to experiment with :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
yup, classsy for sure....I love guitars that show the grain of the wood and that guitar definitely does that in a number of ways...even the pictures of the back of the guitar are really beautiful...love the dark grain on the back of the neck...If it is a wenge neck then I guess you didn't have to put a finish on it and you can really feel the beautiful grain of the wood...it doesn't look like there is a finish on it...or maybe a light satin finish? in any case, it is stunning - congrats man!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks a lot! This is a 27" scale. I didn't know that bridge either but it has this special feature that you can go string through body or just mount it directly to the bridge, so this is just a fun thing to experiment with :)
It's also used by Waghorn Guitars, who also made a custom 8 string guitar for Alex Hutchings. Here's the video:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts