Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished this build up yesterday, plays great and sounds nasty 8O
I went with a Dimarzio Norton Bridge and SD '59 Neck...
The Norton is one of my favorite Bridge pickups now, it's mean and nasty, but not out of control hot.

The body is Alder with a Flamed Maple Top and Walnut Veneer.
Neck is Birdseye Maple and Bubinga...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, that looks fantastic!!! you do amazing work man! =) I've never tried a Norton but I would like to someday. Are you keeping that one or are you selling it? Looks like one of your guitars is for sale on CL here in Vancouver...maybe stealth bought it and is flipping it... http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/msg/4670170980.html
Thanks man! Everything is for sale, but this is the one that's sitting next to me in the guitar stand at the moment :mrgreen:

It wasn't stealth that bought it from me, but I can tell you the current price is $400 more than I sold it for 8O

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
interesting - looked like one of Stealth's CL ads...I wonder how it made it all the way out here? as soon as I saw it on CL here I recognized it

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
oh, ok - maybe it's not Stealth... my pathetic math skills tell you sold it for $1200?! that is a smoking deal for a handmade guitar with quality components! ..that guitar is a beauty as well - I can't afford to buy it but I thought about going out and trying it just so I could see in person and play one of your works of art but I live in a suburb quite a ways from Vancouver so it's 2 + hours of driving (on a good day) round trip to get to Vancouver from here... =[

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh, ok - maybe it's not Stealth... my pathetic math skills tell you sold it for $1200?! that is a smoking deal for a handmade guitar with quality components! ..that guitar is a beauty as well - I can't afford to buy it but I thought about going out and trying it just so I could see in person and play one of your works of art but I live in a suburb quite a ways from Vancouver so it's 2 + hours of driving (on a good day) round trip to get to Vancouver from here... =[
Ah man that would have been pretty cool if you could have played it!

Swirltop - your work is awesome
Thanks tom :D

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Another really great one, Brett! I especially like the pointy lower horn. Nice twist on a Tele.

This reminds me, we need to talk more about that spalted maple project we were talking about during the summer. The project funds got temporarily dried up by the wife's birthday present! :lol:

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another really great one, Brett! I especially like the pointy lower horn. Nice twist on a Tele.

This reminds me, we need to talk more about that spalted maple project we were talking about during the summer. The project funds got temporarily dried up by the wife's birthday present! :lol:
thanks jesse :D

anytime just let me know man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts