Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Folks.

So, I got the call last night and my tech told me that my guitar was done. Went over today this evening and picked it up. Got home and played it for about 2 hrs. It's the most amazing guitar I've ever owned. The Dimarzio Injectors are amazing. Very clean with no noise and pick clarity is impressive. You can get all these tones from twangy country to ballsy rock with just a simple flip of a switch and a turn of the tone knob.

The neck that I have is a RG560 maple neck so I had to have to he Fireman be routed for a square heel neck pocket which wasn't a problem. The trem is a Double Edge which features the piezos pickups. This sounds amazing as well even just plugged into the clean channel of my 5150.

Here's a layout of the knobs.

The first knob is a double concentric knob that is wired for volume on top and tone on the bottom. The 2nd knob is simply a volume knob for the Acoustic pream. However, it is also a push pull knob which controls the power.

Here's also just a quick shot of the electronic cavity.

I owe a big thanks to Perleguitars, AM Guitar Repair, Guitarpaintguys, Ibanez and Paul Gilbert for designing such an awesome instrument.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
wow, I dont think I've ever seen a Fireman with a maple neck - looks great! ...wild setup with the electronics too...definitely one-of-a kind...congrats man!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
f
Wow! very cool indeed!

Is the middle pickup also an injector?
No, sir.

I used a Dimarzio Area 67 for the middle. This combination of pickups just reminds me of a high output strat. Very shreddy.

looks awesome...post some clips!
Thanks, I'm going to try and get something up this weekend just to demonstrate the electronics.

I'll try and get something put up this weekend. I usually don't do videos because I'm very self-consensus about my playing.

and Thanks for the kind words! This is my 2nd attempt at putting a custom guitar together and I think it was a huge success. Hopefully no more guitars for a while. :-D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts