Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this from another Jemsiter--an RG620X.
It's nice to have something a little different, yet familiar at the same time.
The Double Edge is really nice, and I'm impressed at the acoustic-type sound it produces.
It's got A DiMarzio PAF Joe and Mo' Joe--while decent, I'm going to be putting in a new set of DiMarzios soon.
Yes--that green vine decal is going bye-bye!

Enjoy:

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm seriously thinking that this will end up as the follow up to the Space Invaders RG550, and become the PacMan RG.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Classy lookin' guitar, really love the green against the finish. Is that Galaxy Black???
GK it is, bud!

QUOTE=chrisf;1185315]You don't like decals or you don't like green vines?[/QUOTE]

I don't like vine decals---they just look fake. Decals are cool and look great, but only if they are something different.
The DNA decals look great on my 570 PN. The Space Invaders decals look awesome on my Space Invaders RG550.
Since I was going to do a PacMan guitar anyway--I'll put those decals on this guitar.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Neat guitar. Congrats. Glad you're taking off those terrible vine decals. Those are truly awful. Like you said, if you're doing something original, I have no problems with decals. But when you're just imitating something else (and an extremely poor imitation at that), that's a no go.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Neat guitar. Congrats. Glad you're taking off those terrible vine decals. Those are truly awful. Like you said, if you're doing something original, I have no problems with decals. But when you're just imitating something else (and an extremely poor imitation at that), that's a no go.
Exactly!
I love the green vines on my FP, but that's different.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Im confused.....its not purple.....It has the green, its an Ibanez, its an RG.....but its not purple...Did you take a pic of the right guitar Bat?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Im confused.....its not purple.....It has the green, its an Ibanez, its an RG.....but its not purple...Did you take a pic of the right guitar Bat?
If there was a purple RG with a Double Edge--I'd already have it.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice score bro, But the picture seems to be wrong, No purple dimarzios???:lol::wink: 8)

Congrats!!!
LOL---those pics were taken 5 minutes after it arrived.

There will be purple DiMarzios in soon....along with the PacMan graphics.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If there was a purple RG with a Double Edge--I'd already have it.
Lol....I believe that....I wasnt a fan of purple guitars until I saw some of yours....especially that 560 with a pickguard....mmmmmmm

Nice score on this one man, it will look sweet with the new pickups and inlays off......

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol....I believe that....I wasnt a fan of purple guitars until I saw some of yours....especially that 560 with a pickguard....mmmmmmm

Nice score on this one man, it will look sweet with the new pickups and inlays off......
I'm going to post the PacMan mock up in a bit.

Concerning that RG560PN--I got it from another Jemsiter (Jack Secret)a few years ago who got it from an Ibanez endorsed artist--Rikk Beatty.
Here's Jack's original thread:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/j...tart-cheesy-70s-talk-show-musicgt-107350.html

1 - 20 of 69 Posts