Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost thanks to the guys who responded to my S2620 thread a few weeks ago. I ended up buying the S2620 because the features were just so dang intriguing.

-PAF Pros
-"Vintage Silver" hardware
-Black painted jack "cup"
-No Truss Rod Cover
-Flame Maple top
-Light Amber Finish

It's GOT to be a Spot model...I'm thinking it was for the Ishibashi stores because I saw a single reference to someone on here saying they saw one in or on the Ishibashi storefront.

It's a bit different than my S5570 construction-wise because it's one of the models with a thicker body, 22 frets, and no single coil in the middle. The tone is radically different with the PAF Pros in a 22 frets. It's even more...sing-y than the S5570. Not sure if it's the thickness, pickups or age. That said, I think I prefer the thinner body. I'd originally intended on buying a hardtail S. My wife thought the S6521 looked like a zombie guitar so it was hard to justify that one...even though I loved it. I'm still thinking I might get an old SF470 for my hardtail one day.

Also, if anyone has a contact at Ibanez Japan or Ishibashi they wouldn't mind sharing so I can find out more about the guitar I'd be grateful.

Luke

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is the entire body outline marginally bigger than your S5570?

You are NOT! I'd heard they enlarged the body for a few years, never seen one until this showed up. I'd say it's about 1/8-1/16" thicker.

If I'm honest that part bums me out a little, but it still feels good and light. The neck is great too...Wizard one supposedly but it feels a little thicker than that...

Luke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts