Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my new guitar. This guitar ticked pretty much every box for me - roasted maple neck, stainless steel frets, trem, bolt on, direct mount pickups, diverse switching options:

Check out that beefy neck next to a Les Paul:

The neck size and the controls are only to minor cons I can find with this guitar. I'm very happy with it. The neck could stand to be a hair thinner, although the large shoulders make up for it a bit (instead of it just being a big fat "C" shape). Also, I find myself accidentally turning the volume down because it's so close to the bridge. This will take some getting used to since I'm used to Les Pauls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since you're used to Les Pauls: how does the brightness of your AZ compare to your Les Paul(s)?

I bought the tri-fade burst AZ2402 last week and was struck that it was quite a bit "darker" sounding than my Les Pauls and other guitars. I know that the pickups are very warm sounding, which was why I was drawn to the range in the first place.

To get the same amount of general treble compared to other guitars I'm having to increase treble and presence by at least 2 or 3 stops.

I ordered online, so haven't (yet) compared with other samples in the same range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.