Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a longtime reader and proud owner of various Ibanez's during the last 30 years, I thought it was time to register and contribute to the forum more actively 馃槈

Here's my newest addition as I always wanted a 7-string. At first I was after Universes, but whenever a good one became available to me, I could never bond with it directly and decided to let it go. Then came the AZ range and now they have a 7-string version.

A store in Holland carried 3 of them, so I took the plunge and tried them last week in the store. Wow, this guitar is amazing and could connect with the neck right away. Besides from my orientation issues with the added string, I instantly knew, if it was good, I would take it home. and here she is:

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Product Guitar accessory Textile Sleeve

Registered
Welcome to the forum.

Lekker! I got gas when these came out - a HSS 7 string with a non-locking trem and more moderate output pups is kinda rare in general. I think the only time Ibanez did a 7 with a non locker was a Gio RG nearly 20 years ago!

Now, if it came in colours other than black :D. An RFR or something brighter would be godliness.

You should show us your other Ibanezes ;).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all. It is indeed a S-tech roasted maple neck.

The guitar stays in tune perfectly. At first the G-string wouldn't return to pitch after tremolo usage, mainly after being pushed down and return to zero. After applying some nut sauce and one light touch with a file in the nut slot, it was enough to accommodate the string enough.

My orientation with a 7th string starts to grow now and it is definitely a keeper. I might start pulling out the old Vai and Dream Theater tab books 馃槈

1 - 15 of 15 Posts