Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, recently bought myself an Ibanez J-Custom RG8570 in Transparent Turquoise for $1500 AUS including shipping.
For a few months i've been doing my research, asking questions on many forums and eventually I took the plunge and got myself this :) I'm not really good at giving speeches and stuff so here are the pictures!

REVIEW: I've played a few ibanez's before. I've had an rg350dx, rg1570 prestige and my current PGM, but I can honestly say the j custom is one of the best guitars ive played.
SPECIFICATION:
Body : Flamed Maple(Top), Mahogany(Back)
Neck : 5 Piece(Maple+Bubinga)/Wizard neck
Finger board : Rosewood(Flame Maple binding)
Fret : Custom Jumbo
Bridge : Edge Pro
Neck Pickup : DiMarzio Air Norton(H) neck pu
Middle Pickup : DiMarzio Blue Velvet(S) mid pu
Bridge Pickup : DiMarzio Tone Zone(H) bridge pu

The body and neck are smooth and thin, as expected from an ibanez, the edge pro trem system stays in tune and the craftsmanship are brilliant to say the least.

Thanks for looking all :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
sweet axe man, been looking at a j custom myself. btw which pgm do you have? just wondering since i have also been looking at some pgm models.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice score and beautiful color! Did you get it from mijsixstringkatana?
indeed I did, i was contemplating getting the red one from ishibashimusic but i figured, original case, paperwork, 100$ cheaper? im going for this one for sure :p

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Beautiful guitar. Is that the one that's been on e-bay forever? I've looked at that one numerous times. If I didn't already own an RG8520TB, I would have snagged that one long ago. Congrats!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I was looking at that one as well! Glad to see a fellow forumite got it! Nice score and what a beautiful top and colour!

Well done and enjoy!

:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Beautiful guitar. Is that the one that's been on e-bay forever? I've looked at that one numerous times. If I didn't already own an RG8520TB, I would have snagged that one long ago. Congrats!
yeah its that one, i dont get why people didnt pick it up, its relatively cheap for a j custom..

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I really dig those offset dots and that color! You should post that review in the reviews section--that way, folks looking for J customs can benefit from your experience.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really dig those offset dots and that color! You should post that review in the reviews section--that way, folks looking for J customs can benefit from your experience.
hmm, maybe I will :)

although I gotta admit, finding one of these older j customs is gonna be a bit harder than finding the new ones that are on **** with edge-zero trems.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's a little OT, but where did you get that Harley Benton 2x12" speaker cabinet from? Does Thomann ship to Australia or what? :) If it's the Vintage-30 version than I can say congratulations because it sounds awesome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts