Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this for a few days now, and i absolutely love it, i got it of that site cheap with a broken neck, repaired and a set of Seymour Duncan EMTY blackouts dropped straight in, It sounds immense, and the pickups are nothing short of amazing, EMG's go do one! Strung with my favorite strings, DR Neons in 10's a set of 11's inbound for drop C

Pics? heres a couple ;)

Enjoy :)

Rob

·
Registered
577 Posts
Nice axe. I tried the DR Neon greens once but thought they sounded really dead. I wonder if it was just the set I got? Since you said they were your favorite strings have you ever experienced this?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think the early sets had a quite a few duff strings produced, these are equally as bright as any other string, they just match my playing and give me exactly what i am looking for :)

Rob

·
Registered
577 Posts
Right on maybe I'll give them another shot. The neon greens looked killer on my Jem 777VBK but like I said they sounded really dull compared to the Ernie Ball Slinky's I normally use.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think acoustically they have a slightly muted sound, it doesnt transfer to amplified however, i used D'Daddario's for 15 odd years, DR Neons and Blacks are my perfect string ;) i say try them again ;)

Rob

·
Registered
577 Posts
i think acoustically they have a slightly muted sound, it doesnt transfer to amplified however, i used D'Daddario's for 15 odd years, DR Neons and Blacks are my perfect string ;) i say try them again ;)

Rob
Yeah it's funny cuz I use Elixir's on my Taylor, and they're nano-coated and sound great and last forever. I was really surprised the Neon set sounded so dull but maybe I really did get a bum set or they hadn't perfected their formula yet... I'll try another set. Why not! :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
indeed, it is double locking but the bridge is fixed. This should give you a more stable tuning compared to a complete non locking system where you machineheads are stressed and detune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts