Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray! my Ibanez no. 20 arrived.
Got this on e...bay from South Korea. All original, in great condition with a couple of small dents around the edges but nothing major, I would say 7,5/8 of 10. Tuned it on arrival and it played great right out of the box and sustains forever.

This is the sister of the more known RG1077 so it has a 27" scale and I will experiment with different tunings as time goes by.
Originally equipped with Dimarzio Paf Pro, blue velvet, Tone zone.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's called royal blue flat, and it's a kind of matte blue color and it's a bit flakey as well, but not clear like the RG1570's of mid 2000. Indoor photos will turn out black so outdoor photos are preferred.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The frets are a bit taller than my other prestiges, I found they very comfortable so I didn't notice until I read the post here.

Royal Blue Flat.

Headstock:

Specs from the Ibanez catalogue.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had no idea that existed - what a beautiful guitar! I love matte sparkle finishes...

Just out of curiosity, let us know what string gauges / tunings you use on it and what feels natural. We're doing a 26 3/4 scale baritone (the Descent) with a Wilkinson trem, and shipping them tuned to B std, with 12-68 strings (plain G). The idea is to get it to feel like a standard guitar...

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I had no idea that existed - what a beautiful guitar! I love matte sparkle finishes...

Just out of curiosity, let us know what string gauges / tunings you use on it and what feels natural. We're doing a 26 3/4 scale baritone (the Descent) with a Wilkinson trem, and shipping them tuned to B std, with 12-68 strings (plain G). The idea is to get it to feel like a standard guitar...
How are you getting the .068 threaded through the tuner post? I can't get anything that big to go through a standard Gotoh tuner without boring the hole a little bigger. IIRC, .054 was the largest I could get through.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.