Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument

This is a 2019 Ibanez RG752RFR.
Initial impression: It's red, Radioactive Freaking Red, and so far I really like it! The seller wrote, "I am the second collector, but the original owner told me they imported it directly from Japan and it was not a part of the 12 guitars in the Killerburst run that was delivered stateside." So, the guitar came with a little bit of a mystery to it...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Oh my goodness, I was actually trying to find information on these not too long ago. It's also freaking ready to grace a stage and melt some faces.

As usual, Ibanez misses the boat by making stuff people want (classic colour and maple in a 7) as a limited thing and/or Japan only. Ok, the purpleburst 752ahm of the past few years is nice, I'll give them that, but you get my drift?

Does it actually differ from the classic RFR?

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As usual, Ibanez misses the boat by making stuff people want (classic colour and maple in a 7) as a limited thing and/or Japan only. Ok, the purpleburst 752ahm of the past few years is nice, I'll give them that, but you get my drift?
I’ve heard trying to understand why Ibanez does what they do is a bit of losing battle. 😐

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That too, for the most part. I suspect they rationalize it in a few ways – connected with sales figures, and prefigured limits ('we're going to do a limited run of X, it'll be like such-and-such, and that's it'). And the suits no doubt aren't players, which would also affect decision making. Maybe this was why the knife/stud thing took a while - the suits' reasoning: 'this dealer is being a real pedant; the guitars are selling, what's the beef?'

Now that you've had this beauty for a bit - impressions? Comparison with the UV?

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That too, for the most part. I suspect they rationalize it in a few ways – connected with sales figures, and prefigured limits ('we're going to do a limited run of X, it'll be like such-and-such, and that's it'). And the suits no doubt aren't players, which would also affect decision making. Maybe this was why the knife/stud thing took a while - the suits' reasoning: 'this dealer is being a real pedant; the guitars are selling, what's the beef?'

Now that you've had this beauty for a bit - impressions? Comparison with the UV?
Well, despite the fact it was made in 2019, the guitar feels very new. I’m not sure how much it has actually been played so it needs to be “broken-in” so to speak, which just takes playing time. I have not owned a Lo-Pro Edge for awhile but the fine tuners are the finest fine tuners I can recall ever using on any Floyd Rose style bridge. The pickups are Dimarzio PAF-7’s and combined with the 5-way switch they produce 5 genuinely good and useful tones. If the bridge pickup were hotter I would not complain though. However, my plan was to put new pickups in from the beginning. Try something I’ve never tried before. I would also like to get the Ibanez carbon fiber/velvety whammy bar. I used to own a UV7PWH which was in really really really good condition (mint). I was scared to play that guitar because of the condition and because of what it was. I have no problem playing this RG. Also, the colors are different.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sounds like it's a good one, and if it was owned by collectors before you, then it was probably a wall hanger for the most part. It is satisfying getting something new and being the first to put your music into it. Interesting that they have DiM PAFs, I guess this is Ibanez's go-to 7 set for non-sigs? No doubt versatile though.

Oh, that's cool that you had a PWH; it is my favourite UV. Yes, the swirls have the 'wow' factor (I do really like the PaW ones) but something about a white superstrat... You could take it to any gig. When I got my PaW CD back in the idyllic age, that pic of Steve with his in the booklet got me hooked. His also has the rare Edge 7 trem ;).

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Interesting that they have DiM PAFs, I guess this is Ibanez's go-to 7 set for non-sigs? No doubt versatile though.

Oh, that's cool that you had a PWH; it is my favourite UV. Yes, the swirls have the 'wow' factor (I do really like the PaW ones) but something about a white superstrat... You could take it to any gig. When I got my PaW CD back in the idyllic age, that pic of Steve with his in the booklet got me hooked. His also has the rare Edge 7 trem ;).
The go-to 7 set for Ibanez seem to be the Dimarzio Fusion Edge pickups. They may sound fantastic but when there is no information about them I tend to lean towards pickups I can read and learn about on the manufactures website.

The UV7PWH is definitely nifty!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts