Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great score, at a great price too if this is the one I was watching on Reverb. The pickups sound like a winning combination, HNGD!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure it was man! Crazy thing is I saw it on reverb, and realized the dude was in the same town as me, he brought it to my job and I paid $1400 for it. Killer deal for everything thats been upgraded, literally in better than new condition!

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
That's cool! I've got a 5570 in the Green Doom Burst that i'm trying out at the moment, and I think the pickups are the weakest link on the older version so I might switch them out, How is the Titan neck, and what tuning is the guitar in?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought this one to keep in Dropped D, so currently it's there. I have a S5520K for standard, and a S6UC for half step down and drop C sharp.

The Titan neck is amazing, I'm really enjoying the FS-1 single coil also, it's wired backwards apparently as Gilmour used to do. The D-Sonic was a pleasant surprise too. Playing through an EL34 EVH 5150 head and cab combo and it sings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey bro, where do you get that cover for the titan? Dimarzio seems to have weird pickup spacing that I cannot find international aftermarket cover for them, Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I talked to the guy who I bought it from, he said he found the cover on Ebay actually. You have to have them professionally installed though, lots of work goes into making sure they stay on and dont rattle or affect the sound/tone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I talked to the guy who I bought it from, he said he found the cover on Ebay actually. You have to have them professionally installed though, lots of work goes into making sure they stay on and dont rattle or affect the sound/tone.
Likely meaning they have to be soldered on like the Gibson pickup covers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts