Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

My desire to collect struck again last year when I bought some original FP2 fabric and had an idea for a display case with the fabric hanging behind the guitar.

Fast forward to today, I just received an FP2 after a short stint calling UPS international for a week straight 😂.

My initial idea seems to be a bit more ‘camouflaged’ than what I saw in my head… any ideas on how to make the guitar a bit more defined, without permanently altering the fabric?

Thanks to Rich for inspiring the zebra color combo & red plastics

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello friends,

My desire to collect struck again last year when I bought some original FP2 fabric and had an idea for a display case with the fabric hanging behind the guitar.

Fast forward to today, I just received an FP2 after a short stint calling UPS international for a week straight 😂.

My initial idea seems to be a bit more ‘camouflaged’ than what I saw in my head… any ideas on how to make the guitar a bit more defined, without permanently altering the fabric?

What about a white or red silhouette of the guitar that is slightly larger than the guitar behind the guitar?

·
Registered
118 Posts
And maybe put the red knobs and pickups back on the guitar, the pickups look like black holes in the photo with the lights turned on.

Scratch that, take it out of display and play it. Haha!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about a white or red silhouette of the guitar that is slightly larger than the guitar behind the guitar?
I thought about this! It may be the winning idea… perhaps out of window tint material or something.

And maybe put the red knobs and pickups back on the guitar, the pickups look like black holes in the photo with the lights turned on.

Scratch that, take it out of display and play it. Haha!
The pictures in the case are the before photos. The picture on the wall with the red wall cloth is the currentS

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wonder how this guitar would look with pickups the same colour as the yellowish-beige flowers on the guitar. That, or a mix of black/yellowish beige. Might be less in your face bright than red.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That was my immediate thought! Then I thought about the case without the guitar in it. That would look odd. Plus, i think a guitar shaped silhouette would take away from the guitar itself, as well as the background

How about a red back with the floral fabric around the 4 sides? Not a border around the red, the vertical sides.

Reason being is that the guitar looks stellar on the red background.
I kinda like the floral perimeter to tie the two pieces (guitar and case) together.

Oh, and red velvet for the win!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello friends,

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello friends,

HI Kelly ,
Could you take a picture of your fabric and send it to me?
I recreated some Jem florals and I wanted to recreate this one tbem,
Thanks
All the best

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello friends,

call me at [email protected] as soon as you can

1 - 20 of 20 Posts