Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!!

I'm so glad to introduce you my first JEM:

When I was a boy, my uncle showed me the Ibanez Catalog and the 90's JEM became the guitar of my dreams, specially the PMC, with maple fretboard and swirl finished. In Spain, is very hard to find an affordable one in good conditions, so I decided to order a swirled boy and neck to Nate Perle, who has done an excellent job with this guitar.

All the hardware is Ibanez, it wears an original Edge bridge and a set of Gravity Storm pickups and DiMarzio HS3 in the middle. I have to say it sounds as awesome as it looks.

So, let's see more photos of this guitar!!

I hope you like it!!

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
That looks great, it just needs a clip lock strap and black back covers to make it look even more authentic :)

·
Banned
153 Posts
One of the sweetest swirls I've ever seen!!!

The only thing that throws it a little off is the neck pickup colors--I think it would look even better with blue/purple to match the bridge. Then again, it also makes it even more ddifferent. I love it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very VERY NICE MAN!!!!

How's the setup from Nate, how's it play and sound?
Nate just provides the parts, not assembles the guitar. It has been assembled by a local luthier and it plays ok, with no buzzes along all the neck.

And I'm very happy with the Gravity Storm. I don't like Evolutions sound and the Gravity Storm are very different, much warmer and round than evolutions. Also, it has the Jem Modified Wiring with the IBZ VLX51 selector and the clean sounds at positions 2 & 4 are really good, very bright

1 - 20 of 27 Posts