Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I guess I Haven't looked at one wrong yet. :nerd:
Did you read that on the internet? I just read that Asian women have horizontal genitals. :surprise:
I'll post pics if I can find one. :grin2:
No, I didn't read that on the internet. It is a known fact that there is a design flaw with the Gibson headstocks, especially the ones on Les Pauls. Because of the angle of the headstock, there is little wood to provide support for the headstock, which in turn makes it snap easily. The solution to this problem has been to put a volute on the back of the headstock but, the purists and Gibson think it's not needed. Here's an example of what the inside of the truss rod area looks like. Notice how little wood there is at the 90 degree angle below the truss rod. While my comment was sarcastic an exaggerated at best, it does state the obvious, which is that the headstocks on a Les Paul are very fragile.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
While my comment was sarcastic an exaggerated at best, it does state the obvious, which is that the headstocks on a Les Paul are very fragile.
Define "very fragile" because i know several dozen players with LPs and none suffered a broken headstock. Either way it's always comedy gold when Ibanez zealots rip into other iconic brands. :grin2:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Lovely guitar, well done, enjoy!

Regarding LP headstocks - not sure what the issue is, practically all acoustic guitars have this design and I've also seen plenty of Ibanez headstocks snapped due to clumsiness/accidents, not to mention practically every other design of headstock busted. Solution - take care of your instrument... use strap locks and always use a guitar stand or case (the No.1 reason for headstock breakages IMO)!

'87

1 - 9 of 9 Posts