Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

It's my great pleasure and honour to announce that I have just acquired my very first PGM model - a 2009 401!!
I have to say that my first preference was a JEM7EAFX but that was sadly sold out by the time I got to the shop so, my second choice was the PGM401. I was so pleased with the way it looked, felt and played but a bit apprehensive about the pickups. Since they're Air Classics and slightly lower output than PAF's I worried that they would give me enough drive but then I brought her home... everything changed after that! Mind = blown! It's amazing how much crunch they produce - works well for my metal style. They also do blues, Jazz, classic rock, hard rock really well. They do sound more on the bright side especially when the volume is open fully but for cutting leads that works well. The neck is nice and smooth with or without distortion and the bridge opens the floodgates for harmonics and endless sustain! The guitar screams so much and so easily too, wow! I can't get over the frets - they're medium so they make shredding and shifting chord shapes a bit easier I reckon. Here are the pics. Lemme know what you think of her :D

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats. My main guitar for many years has been a PGM300, very early 90's model, white with the black f-holes and reverse head stock with maple neck. One of the best playing guitars around I say.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats. My main guitar for many years has been a PGM300, very early 90's model, white with the black f-holes and reverse head stock with maple neck. One of the best playing guitars around I say.
Thanks man!

Yeah the PGM 300/301 is what I was led to believe this guitar was when my friend saw it at the sop. He said it was a 300 and I was like YES I gotta get it because that is my fav PGM - maple fretboard and reverse headstock. I love rosewood but I don't have a maple fretboard guitar yet. When I asked him the colour and he said 'Sunburst' then I knew it wasn't the 300/301... still, this 401 is a real beauty and so precise. It's avant-garde :)

Great guitar you got man. Paul says he played the 301 the most out of all his PGM's.

Do you know the best way to remove pick scratches/swirl marks/very fine marks from the finish?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you! Excellent instrument indeed. Yeah man, me too - I love his playing and his guitars too!!
Yes, altough Paul seems to be one of the nicest players around, of course I mean I love "his playing" :p

Love to own a PGM too, some time.
Realy like the Fireman, but I think I will miss the trem on it.

Have fun with it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts