Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I indicated in the other thread about identifying the tremolo on this, I pulled the trigger on my first RG! This is a serious step up from my 15 years of only playing an Epi Les Paul as an electric (play foremost acoustic jazz stuff)... anyways, as it is older it has lots of little issues, foremost rusty bits on the tremolo, pickups and nut. Any tipps on how to best remove this? Vinegar and fine steel wool? Or would steel wool be overkill? Also, this is my first Floyd Guitar, if someone could point me towards a good setup video (intonation, height, etc), I would be eternally grateful, as I can't tell good from bad practice yet when it comes to trems. Thanks in advance! Here are some picks of the bits in question:

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
As I indicated in the other thread about identifying the tremolo on this, I pulled the trigger on my first RG! This is a serious step up from my 15 years of only playing an Epi Les Paul as an electric (play foremost acoustic jazz stuff)... anyways, as it is older it has lots of little issues, foremost rusty bits on the tremolo, pickups and nut. Any tipps on how to best remove this? Vinegar and fine steel wool? Or would steel wool be overkill? Also, this is my first Floyd Guitar, if someone could point me towards a good setup video (intonation, height, etc), I would be eternally grateful, as I can't tell good from bad practice yet when it comes to trems. Thanks in advance! Here are some picks of the bits in question:

Congrats on the new guitar! I played an old '76 Les Paul forever and then jumped back into playing and bought an Ibanez that was similar. A lot of people recommended the "Ibanez Rules" website for tech information, like setup and tremolo, and it helped me a lot (also a site sponsor). Go to this site and click on the "Tech" link at the top of the page: "IBANEZ RULES!!" - Ibanez Guitars - New and Used

Good luck and have fun with the new hotrod!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts