Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I saw the 90th HAM collection, I was blown away by two guitars: the JPM90HAM and the PGM90HAM. Being a fan of John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert and being a fan of Ibanez Guitars with woodtextures these were the ultimate ones for me. They have the combination of the iconic look of their signatures with clearcoat showing flamed maple. I've had a JPM90HAM for almost 10 years now and was looking on and off for a PGM90HAM. Last week I was looking at a new guitar but I did not like the neck so I thought why not try for the PGM90 one more time. Posting in the classified ads here on jemsite gave me 2 responses, one from the US and then one from Amsterdam 20 minutes away from my home. One would almost think there must be more of these in the world than 337!

So this afternoon I picked it up. And it is beautiful! I'd like to think that my small collection is kinda unique, they are all limited runs and 2 of them European (JPM90HAM, PGM90HAM, RG20064 & RG2820 CTTW). If anyone has the same ones I'd love to hear from you :)

So without further ado, here are the pics. Enjoy them!

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats

There was a nearly perfect PGM 90th sold on UK EBay last month. I watched every second of the final bids cursing that I didn't have the cash to spare.

PGM 90th and Jem 77FP are my favourite Ibanez by a long distance. It's not even close. Congrats on the score.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Jem and tje JS are a must for you now. Congrats!
The guy who sold me the PGM also has a JS90HAM for sale but as I stated before I like my wood :)

And to be honest I don't like the Jem90HAM at all. Only the swirl or floral Jems have my interest.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Congrats. Thosa are nice looking guitars. I still can't believe how much better JPM looks than the current Petrucci models.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Such a beautiful guitar. One of Ibanez' best, I think.

What's the neck profile like? Thin, like the Wizard necks?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Such a beautiful guitar. One of Ibanez' best, I think.

What's the neck profile like? Thin, like the Wizard necks?
According to the Ibanez Wiki it is a Wizard neck:
1997-2002
648mm/ 25½"
43mm
56mm
17mm
20mm
430mmR/ 17"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts