Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, according to wikia, this should be a Radius.

It's not. It's a stratocaster with an ibanez logo.

I've been after one of these for the past 5 years, and finally one shows up. VERY GOOD condition, the previous owner was a freak apparently. Cared after her more than i do about my own guitars.

Enjoy this little preview, no pics for now as it's already dark here and lighting isn't optimal for good ones.

How many of you have seen one before?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
who knows. According to ibanez wiki it's Japan only, but i stopped trusting it long ago.

These models indeed were only on the japanese catalogs (i found this:http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary_j/expansion.php?cat_id=24&now=1l)

Single coils aren't the best in the market, the SD blows them away easily. keep in mind these were "low budget" according to the catalog. Inexpensive models in that line. Think of the RT models, these must be equal to the RT150 instead of an RT650.
Compared to my rt650, the woods and craftmanship is the same, just lower quality components (also the easiest to replace!)

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Interesting. Is it an MIJ guitar? I know that up until the early 90's, 400 Series guitars were MIJ with basically cheaper pickups than 500 Series. But I haven't seen an MIJ 300 Series.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. Is it an MIJ guitar? I know that up until the early 90's, 400 Series guitars were MIJ with basically cheaper pickups than 500 Series. But I haven't seen an MIJ 300 Series.
Yes, FujiGen made.
These came out with the same pickups as the RT250, they are (single) RTs and V6 for the hb.
Never heard of RT singles before tbh.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't seen those before, looks nice! Does it have a fatter neck or more Wizard-like?
It's a Viper, altough Vipers vary according to the years, this is a 1992. My old RT650 had a more pronounced V at the back, this one doesn't. It's more rounder, even more than the Ultras

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looking at the headstock and truss rod adjustment method, I say it is MIK. If the truss rod adjustment is made by inserting an allen wrench into the truss rod then that is more evidence.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's a Viper, altough Vipers vary according to the years, this is a 1992. My old RT650 had a more pronounced V at the back, this one doesn't. It's more rounder, even more than the Ultras
Nice. My PL has what became the Ultra neck on Radius guitars - love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.