Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, ok, ok.... I know you all are getting tired of my NGD's! I have a problem, and the first stage is acceptance right? Got this off the bay, 89 550 in Five Alarm Red. Red doesn't really describe the color as it is more a day glow orange like on some of my fishing lures. It is such a rad, eye burning color that I love it! Has some sort of Duncan Trembucker in it as well as an unidentified after market single. The V1 is still in place and sounds pretty good. Has a few dings, but is overall in very good shape. Hardware is near mint.

On to the pron:

Now my rack is finally full, but that won't stop more coming in I'm afraid (because I have a problem).

Question for you guys who know, serial is F9****** so... Obviously an '89. None of the catalogs I have seen had a 5AR finish with a rosewood board, you fella's think this is a different neck than what she came with from the factory? Either way, plays great and love the color.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
That is wicked cool man, looks like it hasn't faded one bit! As far as the necks go, back then Ibanez pretty much installed whatever 550 necks they had on hand. Not seeing your exact combo of body and neck in the catalog isn't rare...

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Thanks Gents!

@ Swirltop: Any idea why that is? Production volumes just that high at the time?
I have no idea really... probably either needed to use inventory on hand to keep up with demand, or keep costs down by using up inventory on hand... or both :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts