Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
How is it compared to other Prestiges? I've not read an actual review of the guitar. Does it hold up against a 1570? How about something pricier like an RGA321F?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How is it compared to other Prestiges? I've not read an actual review of the guitar. Does it hold up against a 1570? How about something pricier like an RGA321F?
I like it better than the Japan market RG hardtails of the past like the 1521.

I really like the bridge and find it superior to the Gotoh GTC-101. I think I will even keep the stock pickups.

I never liked the RGA guitars as much as the RG series.

I have been away from Ibanez guitars for a little while. Long enough to forget what the wizard neck is all about.

I can't comment on the factory set up because that was all taken care of before I got my hands on it.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
I really like that Tight End bridge. Well thought out, very ergonomic, easy to work on, etc. I'm glad you're liking the stock pups enough to keep also. Several of these have been ordered with pickups already swapped, not even giving the V's a chance. I think they're pretty good for stock!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I really like that Tight End bridge. Well thought out, very ergonomic, easy to work on, etc. I'm glad you're liking the stock pups enough to keep also. Several of these have been ordered with pickups already swapped, not even giving the V's a chance. I think they're pretty good for stock!
Just wondering, how would you describe the V6's compared to the V7 and V8?

Rock on!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just wondering, how would you describe the V6's compared to the V7 and V8?

Rock on!
I think they sound a little PAF-ish, in my opinion. As Rich said, they are in fact, pretty good. I like them better than the V7 and V8, but only because I normally use the PAF Pro, and I'm partial to it.

These guitars are really good overall. I've had mine for a few weeks, and I'm really liking the Tight End. It's just a really well designed piece. The rest of the guitar is typical Prestige fit and finish, and about the only "miss" I've found so far is that the tuners are "Gotoh-esque", but appear to be a cheaper substitute, as well as the strap buttons. Those two issues are not major at all (and easy to upgrade), but I did notice them. Obviously done to keep the cost down, which I understand. I'd say Hoshino really did a nice job on these....

·
Registered
769 Posts
i liked them too, but we've seen the same as you...lots of PAF Pros and TZ's getting swapped in...almost all of them. We've sold three of the blue one now, but no black.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
and about the only "miss" I've found so far is that the tuners are "Gotoh-esque", but appear to be a cheaper substitute, as well as the strap buttons. Those two issues are not major at all (and easy to upgrade), but I did notice them. Obviously done to keep the cost down, which I understand. I'd say Hoshino really did a nice job on these....
And the Indo push on knobs and jack.

·
Registered
185 Posts
And the Indo push on knobs and jack.
Yes, this is true. I forgot those ;). I've already swapped the knobs to strat style, and I figure I'll do the jack when it needs it. As far as pups, even though I do like the factory V6s, I will be going with an Evo 2, and Evo neck, just for something different than what I've got (PGMs).

·
Registered
451 Posts
So the black haze burst has some brownish/yellowish hue like a Fender 2 tone burst, or not? I really like this finish in the lighted pictures that seem to reveal a brown/yellow.
Or,,,does it just appear gray/black for the most part? Let me know, I may go for a trem version of this guitar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts