Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:)

Been a while since I have been on. Just got this....Love it! Have a question though.....The EZ stud on the bass side is really hard to turn. I checked for the lock stud but after using every allen wrench known to man there is nothing to turn.

I am going to take it apart on the next string change but my gut tells me the studs were never put in since there is nothing to turn....Is it normal for the studs to be really stiff to turn on the EZ?

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Dude!! Long time........... I've been wondering what happened to 'ya.

I don't think the '09-'10's came with locking studs. The should not be hard to turn.

Do yourself a favor and order a set of lockers from Rich before your next string change...... they're cheap enough and WELL worth it.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Didn't all Edge Zero equipped guitars come with locking studs provided in the case? At any rate, be careful. If you have to force it you are doing something wrong. I'm sure Rich will be able to provide some advice.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RGT - How have you been.....

Took a break from Ibanez and went the music man route with a JPXI 7, JP12 6, Luke 3 HSS, Luke 3 HH......They all went away and now I'm back to Ibby.......

As for the studs, the treble side turns like normal. The bass side isn't so stiff I'm applying a ton of pressure to turn but it is harder to turn than the treble side and other studs I have. Its enough for me to ask......not easy but not too hard....

I'm hoping Rich has some advice, I am sure he has worked on more EZ than anyone....worldwide...lol:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts