Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always wanted one and it is very well done. Had Rich work on the fret ends which he did a fantastic job, both with the frets and setup.

It sounds good, may leave the bridge pickup and change out the neck to an ANS or something. Undecided. I might just leave it alone!!!

It's good, real good!!

Kudos to Ibanez for reissuing a great guitar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Always wanted one and it is very well done. Had Rich work on the fret ends which he did a fantastic job, both with the frets and setup.

It sounds good, may leave the bridge pickup and change out the neck to an ANS or something. Undecided. I might just leave it alone!!!

It's good, real good!!

Kudos to Ibanez for reissuing a great guitar.
Nice!! It reminds me so much of the RG3XXV I used to have and foolishly sold... The ANS neck pickup in it sounded great too. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations! It's a gorgeous guitar indeed. I wish they'd release it in laser blue again, though. Maybe they'll do that next year?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm getting my RG565 on monday from Rich fret ends look good did you get the silver package great guitar you have enjoy it because i dont think they will be around long.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
There was another batch due June or July [or sometime], this was when it was Limited, then they make it regular production so I didn't order more. Then when I went to order more they decided it was Limited again and weren't taking any more orders So now I have 1 left and it's March. :coo coo:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting my RG565 on monday from Rich fret ends look good did you get the silver package great guitar you have enjoy it because i dont think they will be around long.
Boogie, I didn't go full silver but did have Rich do some fret work on it. It's definitely a keeper!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
328 Posts
You can do the frets yourself tho is not that hard, just get one of those stewmac fret end filer and tape the fretboard

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
A month ago you couldn't even set your trem angle without a 10 page thread and alot of complaining. And you're ready to round off your fret ends now? And why are you masking the board, it's a one sided file. Then how are you going to get rid of the file marks, smooth them, and polish them?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can do the frets yourself tho is not that hard, just get one of those stewmac fret end filer and tape the fretboard
Not that I feel I need to reply to you but I am not as comfortable working frets on a maple board. Rosewood? No issue and I have gotten pretty good at it but maple not as much. I think the 565 is only the second maple guitar I have had (that I kept for any length of time anyway)

And when Rich suggests something to me, I usually take his advice. You could learn something...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.