Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for almost 5 months she finally arrived last week. A beautiful j.custom 7-string.

I ordered shortly after orders were taken and I'm overwhelmed to hold one in my hands now. She even looks better in real than on pictures. Like a little chameleon. Different light, different angle and she turns from black to blue. Very awesome.

Playability is sublime. Fast and very comfortable neck fitting my hand in a perfect way. In my ears the sound is round, not too dark, not too bright. Typical touch of mahogany but not over pronounced. The top adds a nice light touch to the sound without making it too harsh. Didn't expect that perfection of a balanced sound.

I'm quite happy with the PAF-7 pickups although I'm used to the bite of the 6-string EVOs. I don't see a reason to change them in this 7-string. Nice and heavy metal sound.

Totally happy with this guitar. She's like a pretty woman - I can't take off my eyes and my fingers.. :wink2:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Gorgeous guitar! Congrats! Nothing like a new guitar that feels so perfect in your hands... pretty rare thing to experience. Enjoy...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beautiful guitar! The flamed top on that one is perfect. I just received the 6-string version after finding one I liked. Been looking since Christmas!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I love the 6-string version. My wife plays a JC RG8420 and it has a gorgeous neck. Best 6-string neck I ever played... :smile_big:

And yeah, they did an awesome job in matching the flamed top on this 7-string. Absolutely symmetrical structure.

What I really like with the JCs are the flamed maple neck bindings. So eye catchy. Looks like blonde wavy hair to me... :wink2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Played the RG8527 for a while now and although I was happy with the pickups in the first place I have to take back what I wrote. Neck pickup PAF is perfect but the PAF in bridge position lacked that bit of harmonics and scream I'm used to with my JEMs.

So I decided to try the Evolution7 and now I have the sound I can express myself with. I have to be a bit careful at high gain settings and high volume because the mahogany tends to feedback earlier than a basswood guitar. But overall the RG8527 matches very well the JEMs now.

If anyone is interested how it sounds and screams now I recorded a Vai cover song.

I'm in big love with this guitar (hope my wife doesn't get jealous... :lol:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.