Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was thinking of getting, either a RG1xxv, or the RG920MQM.

Tried the RG1xxv, almost felt the same as the RG2xxv which i tried a few days ago, and was not that impressed.

Tried the RG920 premium, it felt great with low action, super fast neck, not super slim, but perfect.

The rg920mqm pick ups had a real nice bite to it, and crystal clear.

Needless to say, i went with the rg920mqm, and am really happy! And it was also cheaper than the rg1xxv.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnx guys!

Pics? Hmm, have never uploaded pics before, gotta take some and figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh and by the way, it seems there is no serial number.

Well, actually there is a number on the back of the headstock, but it looks kinda weird.

It says I14xxC, can it really be a serial number?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Awesome, i literally just got my new Ibanez RG920MQMRDT today and it is amazing. I've heard some people say the quality on the premiums isnt as great as its made out to be but you would swear this was a prestige if it was printed on the headstock. The maple neck/fretboard are so perfect and smooth, i couldnt be happier with it. Did you go blue or red?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the neck/fretboard on the rg920 is AWESOME, perfect and smooth.

I am super happy with mine. Got the red one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good to hear. The red looks awesome. The quilt looks much better than the blue i think.

Cant overstate just how good the neck/fretboard are. What are your opinion on the pups? Prior to purchasing i had heard some people state that they sounded thin and mediocre, but im actually pretty pleased with the tone. Itll be awhile before i bother to swap out the stock pups.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to hear. The red looks awesome. The quilt looks much better than the blue i think.

Cant overstate just how good the neck/fretboard are. What are your opinion on the pups? Prior to purchasing i had heard some people state that they sounded thin and mediocre, but im actually pretty pleased with the tone. Itll be awhile before i bother to swap out the stock pups.
Yes, I also heard that, but I think they sound awesome!

I am not gonna change pups anytime soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aw, you guys in the US get the good Premiums... The only one over here this year for the 920 is QMZ in Red :(
While i prefer the maple neck, i'd have no issues with getting an RG920 with a rosewood fretboard if thats all i had available.

Thinking i may pick up another 920 with rosewood fretboard in black ice finish, thats how much i like it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, I will try to take some pics later and upload here. I am just so damn lazy, heh...

Never done it before, so I am not sure how to do it, but it should hopefully not be too difficult.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts