Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is....... meh??

I'm pretty under-impressed with this guitar so far, but it came with a less than playable setup. We'll see what happens after I get some time to work with it. For now it will sit in it's case and wait it's turn. I have better guitars waiting for my attention, not to mention a pile of necks that need to be finished.......

The neck and fretboard are in excellent shape, as is the Edge-Pro but someone tried to do a level and crown on the frets without really knowing what they were doing........ so there will be a few hours down the drain.

Pics:

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy NGD!! Don't be so bummed out, it just needs some TLC! :D
Your right. It actually is kind of a cool guitar. Other than the hideous finish this thing has all the right pieces to make a fine guitar.

I pretty stoked about having an Edge-Pro in the house again. It's been a long time since I've had one. I want to re-evaluate my opinion of the EP, especially in comparison to the ED/LP trems.

The neck is really nice too. It has no dings, dents, chips, or scratches and I love the finish on the back. It's the finish I've been trying to emulate on the rest of my necks. I've always been a big fan of the volute too, I just wish it had a rear mounted nut instead of the top mount.

The V7/V8 are exactly as expected- muddy and monotonous. I'll do Lone Phantoms patented mod on them, although I may try an alnico-8 mag for the V8 instead of the ceramic. I have a bunch of pickups laying around here, so if I don't end up liking the V's- I have other choices for it.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I actually like the matte finish on it...lol

The reverse headstock is definitely a big plus too... Can't really judge it as a player until the frets are sorted and it gets a good setup, but I like the overall look.

It's METAL Bro :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Very cool Ryc!! I've always thought those were great looking guitars and of course the reverse headstock is an added bonus. If you're going to refinish/mod it then there's huge potential for sure.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
My God that axe is hot! Man Ryc I am really jealous, that is a kickass guitar just waiting for a setup.

That'll be killer I bet! Just you wait and see. :)

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry guys, No I haven't even looked at it since taking these pics.......... too much work at work and work at home to do..............

I'm gonna pull it out tomorrow and see what's really up with it..........

I DO have to order a set of studs and anchors from Rich, so you can count on at least that one upgrade.

Ibanez Daemon had a great idea for a particular swirl on it that I really dig. Hopefully Andrew will want to do it..........??

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was just looking at Psychos RGR1220's and notice that his logos are positioned differently from all of the RGR1570's??

I wonder why they changed it? It looks way better on the 1220's.

Besides the 1220 and the 1570, were there any other RGR prestiges??

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I don't believe so. There may have been a couple but I'd imagine they're in the RG2000 or RG3000 series.

Could find yourself an MTM2 if you're really dying for a reverse head. I hear the neck on those is really good for an indo, sub $1K Ibby.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts