Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, i was at my local guitar shop and found this. I ended up trading my Parker fly deluxe for this brand new ibanez s5470 Prestige in Transparent Black Sunburst. This is my first MIJ Ibanez, and wow the quality is top notch. It is also my first real floating trem guitar, im still getting used to it, very new for me. It sounds absolutely amazing through my 5150 3, best sounding stock PUPs ive ever heard. More pics will come tomorrow!

QUESTION!!! Does anyone know if i can completely block off the trem so it doesnt dive up or down, and then take off the locking nut and put on locking tuners, so i can tune the guitar like a hardtail?

and here is my old parker i traded

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
good job! I got mine over a year ago, same color as well, so it's slightly broken-in by now and it's still rock-solid. Been playing it without the ZPS bar and it's stable with mad flutter.

Justinnn said:
QUESTION!!! Does anyone know if i can completely block off the trem so it doesnt dive up or down, and then take off the locking nut and put on locking tuners, so i can tune the guitar like a hardtail?
I think you might've bought the wrong guitar :p Look at an SV5470, those come with locking tuners stock :)

Reg

·
Registered
592 Posts
The trem on my 1527 is blocked (edge pro), I left the locking nut on and tune it with the fine tuners only (but I keep it in standard tuning). If you stay in a single tuning this is a good way to go. I only have to retune every couple of weeks, or when I get new strings.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all, i was at my local guitar shop and found this. I ended up trading my Parker fly deluxe for this brand new ibanez s5470 Prestige in Transparent Black Sunburst. This is my first MIJ Ibanez, and wow the quality is top notch. It is also my first real floating trem guitar, im still getting used to it, very new for me. It sounds absolutely amazing through my 5150 3, best sounding stock PUPs ive ever heard. More pics will come tomorrow!

You have to remove "the Stop Bar", then you would have to put a block of wood between the space just between the bar and the wood of the Guitar, just under the bridge. Then you would tighten the bar until it hits the wood block. The tension of the bar would hold it in place. I did my RGT42 like this. It's great! The strings never go out of tune and I can even take them off without removing the BAR......

I tried to attach a photo, but I have a quota on my uploads....Sorry....:(

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just removed my stop bar. I couldn't deal with the lack of smoothness of the STOP, of the stop bar. It doesn't allow you to do a naturally smooth vibrato. It stays in tune just fine.

I read on some posts here at Jemsite, that the bar on the s5470 doesn't flutter. That's not true! It flutters if the stop bar is off. I was very surprised to hear a non-floyd tremelo flutter, but Ibanez has done it...

·
Registered
117 Posts
great score man.

the stock bridge pup was a dsonic? good stuff..
how about the neck and middle pup?
If you look carefully and compare the bridge to an actual Dimarzio D-Sonic you'll realize the bar is to thin..

The stock bridge pu on the s5470 looks very similar to a dsonic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts