Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this guitar from Jeff and changed a few things.
I put a clear pickguard on it and changed out the 5 way switch for a VLX53 with a blue switch tip.

I put 10s on it and made a few adjustments.
The guitar looks and plays great!

It has a Tone Zone in the bridge, EVO single in the middle and an Air Norton in the neck position.

Click the link to see a full set of pics-
http://s878.photobucket.com/user/bi...=3&page=1&_suid=13981083073640410353363147062

Thanks Jeff!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Awesome! That one looks killer. I always liked those BMC´s ever since an early member did a custom one with a ATD swirl.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Looks great! I thought that guitar always needed a clear guard. What do you think of Her'c swirl?

Also, where did you get the blue switch tip? I'm trying to dig up a set of blue knobs for my guitar that Livewire has.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! I thought that guitar always needed a clear guard. What do you think of Her'c swirl?

Also, where did you get the blue switch tip? I'm trying to dig up a set of blue knobs for my guitar that Livewire has.
The swirl looks even better in person!
I didn't do anything to the pics.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I saw this in a pic that Jeff sent me... I bought his RG550 and was gonna ask him if he was selling this... nice score mate!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I remember when he was building that guitar. I think he had a thread asking which inlays he should use. I said vines, but it's hard to argue with the results.

Congrats, sebastian.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
She is a beauty!!!! Herc did an amazing job on the swirl and it looks great in the sun!!!! The clear guard and blue switch tip look awesome. The only reason I did not do the pickguard is I was afraid to drill holes into the body. :) As far as the inlays, I never really liked the vines but love the pyramids so they won out.

Drags, there comes a time when all things have outlived their purpose, it had outlived mine but will be cared for and loved I'm sure.

The body is Alder.

Enjoy her man, it was a long process in both building her, and letting her go. :)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jeff, I'll take good care of her.
I even bought a nice Ibanez case for her.
This guitar will stay with me for many years to come.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh my god...that is simply beautiful you lucky bastard.

This is giving me tonnes of ideas for my next project as I just picked up an original BFP neck and pickups off evil bay.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I while back I wanted to buy this guitar from Jeff and he decided to keep it.
So I thought, why not have a BMC made?
So, I started a BMC project.
The body is almost done.
It's a Blue, Black and White swirl done by Livewire Guitars.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts