Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got another USAC back in the family. Got this beautiful UCEW1QM about a week ago and have been doing my incoming guitar cleaning and getting ready for a set-up. Rare to see these up for sale and had to make an offer. My 1st Ultra neck as well. So far, have only swapped the non-original metal knobs with a set of white top hats and switch tip. Still has the original Dimarzio switch but pots have been replaced. I have a wiring harness from a J Custom with the VLX91 switch that will probably go in. Original pups as well. 2 PAF Pros and VS1 middle. Cosmo Edge was swapped at some point for a black Lo Pro. Beautiful rosewood board with the mother-of-pearle and abalone inlays. Super thick quilted maple top. Measures 15mm (.590") thick. '91 so it has the normal F serial number.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Working with photobucket to figure out what is going on. My previous posts with pics are all missing as well.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just glad PB got the link problem fixed. Still need to get some strings on it and get it set-up. Hopefully get to both band practices this weekend and see hoe the PAFs sound through the Legacy.

·
Super Moderator
7,313 Posts
Oh man, that's insane!!! it even has the classy block inlays.

That guitar is right up my street!

Congratulations :)

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Congrats, looks great. Just picked up a guitar with an Ultra neck myself. I think I'm starting to really prefer fatter necks over Wizards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's so awesome...congrats on the find! It's hard not to starting wanting them once you know what these are.

You must be a Paf Pro bridge player. How do you find it balance with the Paf Pro neck?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The PAFs sound good. My take on them is the bridge has a ton of harmonics and balance but lacking on clarity. Maybe a little muddy if you will. Thinking of trying a creme and black Gravity Storm bridge and maybe an Evolution neck. Taking it to band practice today so we'll see how it sounds with some volume through the Legacy. So far, set-up is complete and plays very nice. Neck is little thicker than the Wizards and JEMs I'm used to but comfortable non the less.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts