Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey haven’t posted something I wanted to share in while but I just rebought my old original 7 string and it is still the best 7 string I’ve played to date. The only exception being EBMM JP(majesty) but I haven’t seen or touched this model since 1998 when I had the uv777bk.

I couldn’t find one for my budget but I found something better (for me) anyway.got one that needed slight restoration and after a nice setup I remembered why it is considered by many to be the original 7 string and quintessential 7, it’s a 1997 Japanese model from japan the uv 777 (P) so it’s such a flat think neck

So lucky accident

I actually love the pickups even though they are old and dated and don’t go with everything.i am just saying the uv777 is such a quality instrument that I wish i knew more on the 1997 uv777

But after playing it for a couple months and then restoring last week. I am amazed at the quality of the Japanese instruments . It’s bettet than most stuff I’ve played after 20010

Who has a 97 777 can elaborate

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It’s been 2 years since, and I’ve tried the UV777BK and Jem7V7 and this is a different guitar altogether- someone asked in another thread but I looked but and I realize I asked the same question and it’s true

the Japanese Fuji 1997 UV777P is NOT the same as the American UV777BK- it is as the other thread referred to - a rare piece indeed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts