Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this up from Craigslist Brooklyn last week. I had to restore the headstock logo, and fortunately the original pickups and pickguard were available. It's seen better days, but the chipped Edge 7 trem still works great and everything sounds good. Serial number 000047.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Dang man that's pretty rough! I assume it didn't break the bank too bad considering the condition? Are you planning on giving it a restoration? Or just keeping it that way. Looks like it may have been in a rough environment.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I like these UVs. I think they're one of the few Ibanez that also look pretty good when authentically relic'd. Same with the Jem777VBK and the black RG550s. I like a guitar that looks like it has stories to tell.
I'd just play the hell out of it as it is if it was mine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very well and congrats ! Did you looked very long and especifically for that guitar or was it more of a case of GAS ?
A Craigslist find! I prowl the NYC region Craigslist pretty regularly and something interesting finally came up. The guy had put some nice Duncans in it with a reflective pickguard and a red logo on the headstock, so it was pretty unrecognizable. Fortunately he kept the pickups and pickguard. Dude had 3 American Masters that were top notch, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts