Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm definitely a happy guy right now, picked up an RG3120 a couple weeks ago and an EBMM BFR Koa today!

The RG3120 was in rough shape, it's obvious that it was considered a beater guitar by the person that owned it. Lots of nicks, scratches and scrapes in it and it was pretty disgustingly dirty. Once I put in a few hours taking it apart, cleaning and adjusting it to my liking it now plays soooooo buttery smooth. I definitely see this one becoming my workhorse.

Next is my new EBMM BFR Koa. I had a pristine JS1200CA that I just wasn't bonding with for some reason so I worked out a trade with someone from SS.org that just happened to live close by. I am in love with this guitar... it is by far the nicest feeling guitar that I own, and it's one of the most gorgeous Koa tops I've seen.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
That's a damn fine NGD! The 3120's are great, and the JP EBMM's are IMO, probably the best production guitars made currently. I'd been eyeing that one on SS.org, and I'm mega envious of you. That top is stunning!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice! Congratulations!!! That BFR koa is beautiful.

I have a few Ibbys but by far prefer my EBMMs, I have a JP6 & JPX and others.

Are you kidding!?! I'd have traded a JS1200 for JP6 BFR in a heartbeat, that was a KILLER deal.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I still regret not grabbing one of the 3120s when they were getting blown out for something like $650 when Ibanez switched to the Edge Pro. I've always loved the look of the TW model.

Really, BOTH of those are gorgeous guitars - play the hell out of them!

·
Registered
473 Posts
That's the best JPM in my opinion - great wood/finish, gold hardware. It's amazing - great find - very jealous!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts