Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I had an Rg657MSK that I absolutely adored but just could not bond with the paper thin neck on it. Broke my heart because it was a gorgeous guitar that sounded outstanding
so I looked through the Wiki for RG's that had fuller profiles and ended up grabbing this off a seller that I have done business with before.
2009 1550M in Phantom blue. It's but a crunchlab/ liquifire set in it , I don't know what the single is but it sounds great in positions 2/4 so I'm leaving it for now.
the wiwki say s1mm thicker than the Super wizard HP but the profile on this feels completely different, much more "shoulder " to it.
So far I am loving it, I ordered a Red Bishop trem arm (I always do with my Ibbys that need one) and the locking trem post mod from Rich.
Came in excellent condition basically unplayed , so thanks Bo for hooking me up (again)
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory String instrument Guitar accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That is awesome. I need to go through some of my guitars and sell a few more. I would like to get something used, at a good price. We shall see what happens to the prices in the next month or two. I may or may not get a new one this year.

I bought an Ibanez Artist a few months ago, before the prices went up over a hundred bucks (more like $150). I have been buying old Ibanez and other MIJ guitars from the 80’s. I got them all for at good prices.

Happy New Guitar Day!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I go back and forth between my jacksons/Charvels and my ibbys and I find this thing really makes all of trems feel a lot more similar.
I know the real 'fanboys' will say OFR is hit blah blah blah, getting that on the FB page now, not really interested in what you think of the OFR
not "decked" but very flat, I like it like this, the arm is in a perfect position for me
I used this as guide (my first Edge pro) looks correct to me

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have never used an edge pro, I am not used to seeing one so I wasn't aware of the difference in the angle of the baseplate. The magik-arm is great. It's a bit of a different aesthetic, but feels pretty spot on with my lo pro equipt guitar that has the stock arm. They're better IMO because you can have it loose or tight without a wobblely feeling arm. Plus no bushings! Damn things are annoying lol.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Just installed the Red bishop trem arm assembly, I am used to OFR trems and the wobbly arms on Edge trems always drives me nuts.
Anyone using these?
View attachment 21056
I just change the little white collars on my edge. It doesn’t wiggle at all for me. I have quite a few spares on hand. When the bar starts to drift out of adjustment from where I replace them, I put new ones on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts