Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm used to seeing a stamp about where the guitar was made. Nothing on the 2018 Premium I just picked up. Just the serial # and a code of 1P-01. Weird.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Never expect anything on the back of the headstock to stay the same for very long, usually 5/6 years at most before it changes

·
Registered
547 Posts
I thought all Premiums were built at Ibanez' own enclave in one of the major Indonesian manufacturers by Fujigen trained luthiers.

No?

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
That's what the old label used to say but there's no reason they need to continue to use it, they stopped at least 2 years ago. Just like they never had to put Team J Craft on anything built at Fujigen but somebody thought it would be clever marketing and it worked, so much so everybody thought there actually was a Team and spoke loudly when they stopped using the logo.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
My AZ242 has the standard Indo stamp but the Premium logo next to it. Different from the "made in the Premium factory..." label with the goofy serial number on my RG921 from the original premium run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.