Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 Ibanez Fuji-Gen Japan RG570CTAM

1994 Ibanez RG570CTAM MIJ AANJ Wizard Lo Pro Edge

This RG570 CTAM was built in Fujigen, Japan and produced for only 1 year; 1995, although this must be a very early one as it carries a 1994 Serial Number - F429002.

Model RG570 CTAM
Body Material : Alder w/Gravure Maple Top
Neck Joint : AANJ
Bridge : Lo Pro Edge
Hardware Color : Gold
Neck Type : Wizard
Neck material : 1-Piece Maple
Fingerboard : Pau Ferro
Inlays : Dot
Frets : 24 / Jumbo
PU Config : HSH
PU Neck : Unmarked looks like a DiMarzio PAF Pro
PU Middle : S1
PU Bridge : Unmarked looks and sounds like a DiMarzio Tone Zone

1 Volume / 1 Tone / 5-Way Lever

This guitar represents the best of the best in the RG series of the 90s. Made in the FujiJen plant in Japan - it features Ibanez's Wizard Neck, Alder Body, Direct-Mount Pickups and the unsurpassed Lo Pro Edge Double Locking Tremolo Bridge, Alder Body, Pau Ferro Fingerboard and 24 Jumbo Frets, Sculpted Neck Heel, 16" radius Wizard neck for super fast playing and comfort. A Prestige-level guitar at an entry level price.

The RG570 was available in a variety of finishes AM, TB and HS. The AM was Amber, a golden yellow colour, TB, was Transparent Blue and HS a rich Honey Sunburst.

It was one of the few RGs to have an alder body (the same wood as the USA custom guitars of the time along with Vai's JEM7V) It also had a Bolivian Rosewood or Pau Ferro fingerboard. "Gravure" Maple over the alder body.

Headstock has some very minor edge chips, frets look virtually untouched and have almost no noticeable wear-easily 95% or better, beautiful fretboard, no cracks at scarf joint or nut, no cracks on body in neck pocket, a few scuffs and edge dings on body but for a 20-21 year old guitar it's in good shape and is a MONSTER Player that sounds awesome!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It was pretty much "parts priced". After playing it I was very impressed with the quality of the parts/build and it already had the DiMarzios in it...how could I say no? ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Very nice! I rarely see these, it's a beauty for sure. What's going on with the studs for the bridge though? They look like screws! Did you get it with the skull knobs? They look awesome hahaha.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Standard Posts w/Inserts as far as I can tell on the bridge studs. Yes...the Skulls came on it but will be going as soon as I find appropriate Gold Knurled Knobs or I'll use a Black Strat Set. That said; I do have a Smoked Chrome Skull Knob on my son's 1991 GS550R...couldn't find one in "Ibanez White Gold" to match the hardware. ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hmmm...apparently not "stock". I"ll have to take a closer look at the Trem Posts when I get home this evening. Should something be funky and I need to replace them...what's the difference between these two from IbanezRules..."close tolerance"?

Trem Stud - ED/LP/EZ Redesigned-Super Stud 2LE2B 2LE2B 46 $14.00
" " " Close Tolerance 2LE2K 2LE2K 20 $18.00

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well Hell...took the old strings off and lemon oiled the fretboard and checked the trem posts...other than the fact they're not standard Ibby locking posts, they fit properly and do the job.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Wow, that RG570CTAM is a beautiful guitar!!! Some guys don't like gold hardware but I love it - and the hardware works very nicely with the top on that guitar - great score - congrats!!! :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I never cared for Gold Hardware either. Prev. had a Warmoth Super Strat with Gold Hardware and I replaced it all with Black because it looked gaudy to me on that particular guitar...just wasn't a fan of the Gold. On this one it works...the damn Gold Skulls are even starting to grow on me. ;) My goal is to leave this one "as is"; no Big Brass Block Upgrade, no pickups swaps or electronics replacement...it sounded and played great in the music store, it sounded even better when I got it home and plugged it into my 1st Gen 5150 2x12 Comb, so new strings and a set up should get it where it should be.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I was doing a little looking around and found a couple other RGs on eBay and other forums around the Early-Mid 90s MIJ RGs with the same Non-Locking Slotted Screw Head Trem Posts. Thinking these were "Stock" after seeing them on other RGs.

Also my first experience owning an Ibby w/AANJ...I'm liking it...seems "tighter/more solid" in regards to the neck to body contact and as if there's more sustain (even with the stock trem block) with this one than on the prior Trem Equipped Models I've owned (4 RG550s, 2 RG770s, 2 540Rs, and, 2 S540s). I'm going to have to sit down w/my son's '91 RG550R Neck/'91 B.C. Rich Gunslinger/Assassin Camo Bullseye Mutt and see how the two compare. Both have Rosewood Necks and Tone Zone Bridge Humbuckers. Granted his has a Big Brass Block Upgrade on the '86 White Gold Edge and I believe to the body to be Poplar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was doing a little looking around and found a couple other RGs on eBay and other forums around the Early-Mid 90s MIJ RGs with the same Non-Locking Slotted Screw Head Trem Posts. Thinking these were "Stock" after seeing them on other RGs.

Also my first experience owning an Ibby w/AANJ...I'm liking it...seems "tighter/more solid" in regards to the neck to body contact and as if there's more sustain (even with the stock trem block) with this one than on the prior Trem Equipped Models I've owned (4 RG550s, 2 RG770s, 2 540Rs, and, 2 S540s). I'm going to have to sit down w/my son's '91 RG550R Neck/'91 B.C. Rich Gunslinger/Assassin Camo Bullseye Mutt and see how the two compare. Both have Rosewood Necks and Tone Zone Bridge Humbuckers. Granted his has a Big Brass Block Upgrade on the '86 White Gold Edge and I believe to the body to be Poplar.
Yeah, now that I have two guitars with aanjs I can really tell that it makes a big difference. Upper fret acces is just as good as any neck thru, and the tone isn't any worse than on the tilt joints.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice deal for such a wondrous guitar. I recently saw one very similar to your new purchase on ebay, but was MUCH more expensive. ENJOY!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks. I knew it was a good price on a Classic Period MIJ RG after looking it over initially and seeing no cracks/damages in the usual places. After playing it for a half hour I knew it was coming home with me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts