Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to do a poll for best/fav vibrato but the only names that come to mind are Angus Young, Malmsteen, Hendrix, EVH i know i missing a few names here so who else has great distinctive vibrato ?

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
and me :lol: j/k
Why a joke?
I mean if you like your vibrato...............you like it.
I love mine. I think it's better than some famous players.I have all control, I can play hard fast or very subtle vibrato and always in the beat of a song.Vibrato to me was always a natural thing, never had to practice it, I(we) watch a lot of youtube guys with terrible vibrato, seems they don't know, just like modulation effects like chorus/phaser etc, vibrato has to be in the same beat of the song or it'll sound out of place or even out of tune, I watched hundreds of youtube players playing a very slow ballad and when they stop in a note, they do that terrible fast vibrato which has nothing to do with that song.
Players like Timmons, Vai, Satch and Malmsteen have all control of their vibratos and seems to me it's a natural thing to them too.
FWD(Frank With Deadly vibrato) for the win ;)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Why a joke?
I mean if you like your vibrato...............you like it.
I love mine. I think it's better than some famous players.I have all control, I can play hard fast or very subtle vibrato and always in the beat of a song.Vibrato to me was always a natural thing, never had to practice it, I(we) watch a lot of youtube guys with terrible vibrato, seems they don't know, just like modulation effects like chorus/phaser etc, vibrato has to be in the same beat of the song or it'll sound out of place or even out of tune, I watched hundreds of youtube players playing a very slow ballad and when they stop in a note, they do that terrible fast vibrato which has nothing to do with that song.
Players like Timmons, Vai, Satch and Malmsteen have all control of their vibratos and seems to me it's a natural thing to them too.
Haha yeah, your exactly right - I freaking love my vibrato! :lol:

FWD(Frank With Deadly vibrato) for the win ;)
lol I dig the sound of that! ;)

And yes, Your vibrato is pretty awesome, too!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Carrots

Hey, also, just for the record, we like to include the word "carrots" as an option for polls here. It tends to legitimize things approximately 12 percent.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyway, The winner for me would be Angus Young, he has incredible vibrato....I've never heard anyone coming close to replicating it.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Brian May has a unique Vibrato and one i personally really like. Very musical to my ears.

Here are a couple of other; Malmsteen, Marty Friedman, BB King, Clapton, Gilmour, Van Halen.

When new players are using the quick thrill vibrato all the time, brrrr. Just like the guys who only play scales up and down in stead of melodies and songs.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts