Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In checking the trem and trs threads on here I pretty certain, I can swap mine out for a OFR- which would be awesome, but Floyd's are expensive and I've seen some noticeable differences in between the pictured trems and the one I own...Perhaps you guys could help? Here are some pictures...
or not... damn it

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
To be honest if you want to replace your trem then in general you get what you pay for.

If you buy a cheap trem you aren't going to be any better of than you were with the trs.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
If you want to get a great trem that wont break the bank look in to the Gotoh licenced Floyd Roses, fantastic trems. Probably better than OFRs, well Suhr definitely think so! ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
+1 for the Gotoh FR. Quality workmanship and you get a brass sustain block and locking studs with it. The only negative is parts availability. I can't find a replacement trem arm anywhere. Been looking for six months and haven't seen any parts anywhere. Gotoh dealers don't even have parts.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Hmmmmm, I'm sure I've seen some aftermarket ones made for the Gotoh. I just cannot remember where. I think it's th company that make steel Edge replacement trem arms as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's the r3 nut for the trs's, right? I'm still not sure if mine is an 1LTS or a TRS variant. Doesn't designate the trem model on the block or plate. It just says Ibanez on the plate and licensed under floyd rose patents on the part that holds the string saddle screws

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So gotoh is the way to go, huh... it'll work? Anyone have experience with this? I've checked the forums but never got a definitive answer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts