Ibanez JEM Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Well I searched that and this is what comes back:

Naegleria fowleri fact sheet
Naegleria is an amoeba commonly found in warm freshwater and soil. Only one type (Naegleria fowleri) infects humans. Infections are very rare but are often fatal. Infection may occur when contaminated water goes up into the nose. Naegleria cannot survive in water that is clean, cool and adequately chlorinated......
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/naegleria-fowleri.aspx

What are the symptoms of Naegleria fowleri infection?
Naegleria fowleri causes the disease primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), a brain infection that leads to the destruction of brain tissue. Doctors may also call it amoebic meningitis. In its early stages, symptoms of PAM may be similar to symptoms of bacterial meningitis.

Initial symptoms of PAM start about 5 days (range 1 to 9 days) after infection. The initial symptoms may include headache, fever, nausea, or vomiting. Later symptoms can include stiff neck, confusion, lack of attention to people and surroundings, loss of balance, seizures, and hallucinations. After the start of symptoms, the disease progresses rapidly and usually causes death within about 5 days.
So maybe that makes sense!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
A request. Much as Fowleri is quite obviously a rather immature, attention seeking contrarian, let's not let this degrade into bullying. Calling him/her out on nonsense is one thing and appropriate, personal attacks are something else.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah it's not really making the community look good - it anything, just ignore it then. I think fowleri's posts are entertaining, you never know what you're going to get

·
Registered
448 Posts
but if you like metal or even hard rock, these RGs and Jems don't really cut it, they dont have enough juice
Saying things like this is really worthy of ridicule, it has reached that point. A guitar is just a plank of wood with some magnetic pickups attached to it, the difference between a Schecer, BC Rich, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, PRS bla bla bla is extremely minor in the grand scheme of things. Let's set aside that Jems and RG's have been and continue to be immensely popular and forefront in hard rock and metal, across multiple generations, that's actually irrelevant here.

What you're effecitvely saying is you have no understanding of how a guitar really functions. You're basing your opinions on a hilarious misunderstanding of the physics. By all means walk it back or elaborate though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
but if you like metal or even hard rock, these RGs and Jems don't really cut it, they dont have enough juice
maybe our definition of metal is different

I'm not talking about "bad horsie" metal
you're joking, right??? An RG has been considered a metal guitar for several decades. Straight from Ibanez's site:

"The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength."

All it takes is a quick browse to see all the metal guitarists who use Ibanez. Or maybe all of those artists have been doing metal music wrong all these years :roll:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Why do most metal guitar players use ESP, Dean, Jackson, usually a one piece guitar with active pickups. Would have Dimebag Darrell sounded as metal on a Jem? Probably not.

The guy was a big fan of Steve Vai actually, he mentioned Vai style in some of his interviews, yet he never played an RG.

Would Metallic and Megadeth sound as metal on Ibanez RGs? Why do they play ESP and Deans with active pickups?

These bands aren't considered very heavy in the metal world either.

Most metal bands out there are playing on either, ESP, Dean, Jackson, most of them one piece and active PUPs. Obviously, this combination delivers a heavier tone, otherwise, why are all these bands using them?

I never said that Jems and RGs can't do metal, but if I already have this style of guitar, I'd rather have something that is different. I was never a fan of strats and gibsons. Wouldn't mind having one if given for free, but I wouldn't pay for one.

I just want something different from Vai's guitars. I like the Solar guitars.

They give you a lot of stuff for $999. Stainless steel frets, titanium truss rod, roasted maple, Evertune bridge and they look more aggressive than a Jem.

To me, a jem and its RGs children are too pretty looking, they just don't have that metal look to them. Look at the PIA

Can you imagine a metal band playing with a PIA on stage. It's also about the looks I guess. The ESP and Deans have those metal shapes and look to them, maybe that's why so many metal artists prefer them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
A lot of it has to do with marketing and sponsorship... I mean technically dream theater can be considered metal, and petrucci used ibanez for years. Now he uses Ernie Ball music man and the majesty is definitely a metal-esk guitar when it comes to aestestics and features... there's way too many versions of metal.

Hard rock is definitely ibanezish. Even alice in chains is grunge/hard rock and jerry cantrell has been known to use G&L guitars.... Which hardly can be considered a "metal" or "hard rock" exclusive brand. Hell you can sound like ACDC with a BC Rich or an ibanez... Just like you can sound like Joe walsh and the James gang with a dang les paul. The point is It's all in your hands and self expression that determines what style you play. And what instrument you play is determined Pruely from personal preference not what style of music you tend to play.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I get that there are characteristics of certain brands that metal players prefer... Like for example you hardly ever see a metal player have a neck that is a 9" radius... Normally they use guitars that have a very flat fingerboard because the action can be lower. Which most ibanez guitars have a 17" radius! Which is very flat. The majesty has a 20" radius! That's super flat.

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
Why do most metal guitar players use ESP, Dean, Jackson, usually a one piece guitar with active pickups. Would have Dimebag Darrell sounded as metal on a Jem? Probably not.

The guy was a big fan of Steve Vai actually, he mentioned Vai style in some of his interviews, yet he never played an RG.

Would Metallic and Megadeth sound as metal on Ibanez RGs? Why do they play ESP and Deans with active pickups?

These bands aren't considered very heavy in the metal world either.

Most metal bands out there are playing on either, ESP, Dean, Jackson, most of them one piece and active PUPs. Obviously, this combination delivers a heavier tone, otherwise, why are all these bands using them?

I never said that Jems and RGs can't do metal, but if I already have this style of guitar, I'd rather have something that is different. I was never a fan of strats and gibsons. Wouldn't mind having one if given for free, but I wouldn't pay for one.

I just want something different from Vai's guitars. I like the Solar guitars.

They give you a lot of stuff for $999. Stainless steel frets, titanium truss rod, roasted maple, Evertune bridge and they look more aggressive than a Jem.

To me, a jem and its RGs children are too pretty looking, they just don't have that metal look to them. Look at the PIA

Can you imagine a metal band playing with a PIA on stage. It's also about the looks I guess. The ESP and Deans have those metal shapes and look to them, maybe that's why so many metal artists prefer them.
OK I'm done with this.

Fowleri, you get 2 weeks off for grandstanding/trolling/constant self contradiction and so on, hopefully if you decide to return you'll post with a little more cohesion and respect for fellow forum members.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts