Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
bla bla etc etc
Dude Ibanez are the most popular brand within metal, with the most extensive namelist going back to the 1980s, including some of the bands you've mentioned (Megadeth). The answer to your question is you're completely clueless about how guitar works, how tone is made. I toured in a metal band from 2005-2008 too, for anonymity I won't mention the name of the band but I played a Jem 7V through a Peavey 5150, and let me tell you my sound would have ripped your head off. Dimarzio Evo's are high output pickups, they are higher output pickups than most of what you will find on your skull & bones "metal" guitars.

Skulls, bones and spikes don't make your guitar sound heavier. EMG's have a sound, they are sterile and have low noise but no they aren't "heavier" sounding than Evo's, they are brighter though for sure. All the "heavy" from the sound comes from the amp anyway, that and how it's dialled in in relation to the bass/drums. Go buy a skull & cross bones guitar with EMG's and we will see you here in 2 weeks when you find some stuff to complain about

"Why do my EMG's sound thin" "Is my battery dead" "Why won't it stay in tune" "how do a setup an evertune bridge" "why do no techs know how to setup an evertune bridge" "I think there is something wrong with my EMG's" "Are stainless steel frets really worth the money" etc etc etc.

Not enough juice for metal? Before this band switched to 8 string Ibanez models the guitarist was playing a Universe.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Does this look metal? Some sort of dad-rock thing, I guess.

EDIT: It's Emperor, by the way, which is quite a one of the most first/influentic black metal bands out there. Also, the drummer at around early
90's stabbed some man to death and went burning churches with the guys from Mayhem who then tried to kill each other and one got murdered
and so on. That's tr00 metal :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_(band)

·
Registered
281 Posts
No, No.... I think Fowleri is on to something here. It explains 100% of my troubles. For the past 25+ years I've been using an Iceman and trying to play metal riffs. No matter what I tried playing; Megadeth, Slayer, Hatebreed, etc. it all came out sounding like Detroit Rock City.

This explains it, my guitar just doesn't look metal enough. I need to go get one of those guitars he's talking about then I might finally be able to bust out some real metal. \m/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also looking for someone capable and trustworthy enough to route out a PIA and a 7V for Sustaniac install. Anywhere from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to Phoenix, AZ - would consider Austin, TX as well. Can anyone recommend? I am new here I apologize if I am breaking any rules, not trying to hijack the topic. Thank you.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts