Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, since I did leave CoF and they did decide not to use any of the music I was writing (partly as I was a bit apprehensive of signing anything over again) I have a few tracks here and there left, so I just thought i'd post one and see what you all think. Song itsself is in rough demo form, and hence might not be as tightly played overall. Drums have been properly programmed in by someone who knows what they're doing in most places apart from where I reedited the structure and put in new bits. Mix is fairly passable, but as it is only a demo I haven't really bothered much past making everything vaguely audible :)

Enjoy. Or hate. Or flame (but please make it amusing!) ;)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ceridwen_x/music/the_vein_no_end.mp3

In any case, just as a note that it is copyrighted etc and all the rest of the blurb ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Awesome! I really like it.

Needs some finishing touch here and there but already shines like a...ehm...say, a JEM77BRMR :)

BTW. _everything_ one makes is protected by copyright, even the silly drawings made in childhood. Unless stated differently by the author.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it does need finishing touches, there are a few bits here and there that grate a bit and transitions that aren't smooth enough, but as it stands it's going to get ripped apart for riffs anyway, so this version is the last in its line!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sweet, i like it. It sounds pretty well put together, but nonethless needs some touch up. Its too bad its never going to get finished, but all ripped apart. I felt some of it was a little bit repetitive, but otherwise very tasty.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, it is a bit repetetive, but then again it was meant to eventually have vocals, in which case repetition isn't a bad thing! I do have a few things lying here and there, but only really one finished song, again, meant for CoF. I may post that one, even though the sound quality isn't as good and the ketys a bit patchy...

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I really like it!
I like to consider myself as a pretty big metal fan, and I loved that track. With some meaty vocals over the top of it - it would sound awesome! I loved that whole "mysterious piano" intro theme thing, that was VERY cool!
Will your solo stuff all be in this vein then do you reckon?

Cos that would be pretty cool.
I think its different too. Not your usual type of thing you listen to, metal-wise.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments, it's nice to hear something good came out of the writing with CoF (that drove me to quit as I couldn't stand it anymore :lol: )

the.godfather said:
I really like it!
I like to consider myself as a pretty big metal fan, and I loved that track. With some meaty vocals over the top of it - it would sound awesome! I loved that whole "mysterious piano" intro theme thing, that was VERY cool!
Will your solo stuff all be in this vein then do you reckon?

Cos that would be pretty cool.
I think its different too. Not your usual type of thing you listen to, metal-wise.
the new stuff (not solo, as I doubt my ability to be able to write fast enough for that!) will have parts in this vein, but without the obviously cradle bits, and will most likely contain some good ole fashioned 7stringage to break it up a bit more. Other than that it just needs decradling and some of the riffs replacing I think, but all depends on the other guys in the band and wether they want to use it. I do really like the beginning and build up, but not the harmony riff so much (or the "elves skipping to war" keyboard break). Still like the middle riffs, but that's the second time I've stuck them in a song so I am starting to think they are cursed...

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I like it and can invision someone like Russell Allen or John Bush vocalizing.
I was never big on CoF's vocalist, I don't know how you didn't wind up just being completely neurotic as a result of hearing him all the time.

That said, the music makes me wish I'd come up with it.
Awesome Work James!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Distantshore said:
Makes me want to practice! Always amazed by all the talent I hear on this site!
Great work.
Yes, there's a lot of talent on this site. Unfortunately, talent that is not recognised well enough while people like Simple Plan and Good Charlotte are rolling in the moolah...I could go on all day. :D

Anyway, it was awesome dude. I agree, it would be much better with vocals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.