Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never liked 7-strings. Now I love 'em!

This months captures - all Ibanez - my 2nd Apex Custom (Munky/KoRn sig model), MINTY 2000 RG7620 w/CL-LF p'ups (not crazy about the color of the p'ups, but they do bring this guitar to life), and a near new S7320.

Having lots of fun. Brings a lot of new ideas into my head... ;)

Pics!

The whole brood...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
so you are you saying that november was a heavy flow month? if this condition persists for more than a few days, consult your physician.

sweet axes, btw. especially that apex. the korn line has grown in some interesting ways and the latest ones are my faves(too bad i'm still not incredibly impressed by the band).

rich

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't much of a fan of KoRn until recently...missed the window I guess... I met Brian (Head) a couple years ago in an airport on Father's Day though, at a time when my Dad was going through cancer treatment. We talked for about 45 minutes - never talked once about bands, music, or gear. Incredibly down-to-earth guy, and probably the biggest reason for my re-introduction to the band. I appreciate it a lot more since I've tried to learn the music.

Had both of the original K7's too - both awesome, and arguably better players than the Apex due to the neck profile. Wish I had those back...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scored another Apex 1 today! :) Love those things... I sure would like to get a 'burst model at some point though!

Leaves me in a bit of a conundrum though. I'm out of space in my rack, AND...I really shouldn't have bought another guitar! But when an Apex or K7 comes up, I'll always smell the blood in the water.

I'll be selling both S7320s and the RG7620 I think. I just don't see them getting any love with three Apexii around. Watch the classifieds! ;)

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
The Apex's, especially the K7's, have always interested me... since mahogany is my fav. body wood. I've seen a few on the bay in really good shape that I ALMOST pulled the trigger on. I like the Apex I's a lot too... but those inlays kills it for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mahogany makes a significant improvement IMO. I like a darker, woodier tone, with more "thick" to it. The mahogany DEFINITELY makes that happen. The S7320 is proof positive. They sound downright mean, even with stock pickups!

The inlays aren't ideal, but I don't play out or in front of a mirror, so I'll get by. ;) I actually like the stars on the Apex 1 - the Cancer sign is a little bit much, especially when everyone thinks its a 69, but again, I'm not too bothered. It plays and sounds too good! The K7s were a little brighter (in a good way), but may be in part to the finish, and I think the necks felt slightly thinner - more like the 7620 than the Apex.

And yes...watch the classifieds... ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They're pretty nice. Thinnest neck of any 7 I have ever played.

Got the new Apex yesterday...in a word - AMAZING.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts