Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to Aikyoku (a local guitar shop that I've been frequenting a long time) and just happened to find a Blue Velvet on the shelf. Half price... SCORE!

So of course I bought it and they opened it yesterday for me. The color has faded a bit but it sounds GREAT :D Here'S what it looks like in my 2550 :D

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In terms of sound, the split with the Dimarzio IBZs is AMAZING with the bridge. Has a really nice twang to it. Split with neck is a little thick sounding but it sounds great for cleans. I WAS going to change out the IBZs for F4 and Perpetual burn but I think I'll leave them in. I love the sounds from those pups anyway :)

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Cool! Glad it ended up being a good match for the IBZ's... I've been wondering what single to put in my rg5 when I yank out the inf3/4 and install the IBZ's!:smile:

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 970XL has a blue velvet single, it's great with the tone zone. I love being able to switch from bridge to bridge/middle and just play a little softer, instead of fiddling with pedals and volume knobs etc.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 970XL has a blue velvet single, it's great with the tone zone. I love being able to switch from bridge to bridge/middle and just play a little softer, instead of fiddling with pedals and volume knobs etc.
I would buy something new, but I jsut got a Carvin JB200 in and my Ibbies are on vacation :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts