Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't really post here often but i lurk/read alot.
My new rig has finally come together so i thought I'd share.
Clips/better pics to come

In the rack:
Shure PGX wireless (soon to be an X2)
Fractal Axe Fx Ultra
Fryette two/ninety/two poweramp

on the floor (pedaltrain 2):
Voodoo labs ground control pro
Rocktron utopia expression pedal
Boss Tu-2 (does the job)

feeding into a fryette fatbottom cab, I'm running both sides of the poweramp into either side of the cabinet in stereo.
I can't get over how awesome/versatile this setup is, especially for it's size. Just unreal

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! Now you need another cab to get stereo effects.
I actually run the whole thing in stereo - Either side of the axefx out goes into either channel on the poweramp and then to either side of the cab. Does the job!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I actually run the whole thing in stereo - Either side of the axefx out goes into either channel on the poweramp and then to either side of the cab. Does the job!
But you still only have one cab making the entire sound. So no hard-panned delays and chorus effects like you'd get with two cabs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But you still only have one cab making the entire sound. So no hard-panned delays and chorus effects like you'd get with two cabs.
true that but i run DI and mic up live so i still get it through FOH. Stereo cabs aren't practical for me because i play in a 2-guitar band and tbh don't make use of hard-panned effects

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I see your point and agree on the practicality thing,especially gigging smaller venues,but nothing sounds as good as two cabs in stereo. I like mine about 2 metres apart,i love the 'size' of tone it gives. But yeah,it's a luxury opportunity thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts