Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd throw this out there.... I know its a big place
I'm going to be in NYC this Saturday with the whole day to kill. Thinking it might be a good Guitar shopping day.
I wouldn't mind checking some pawn shops either.... you never know
Fun part is I don't even know what I want, just feel like getting something.
Where's the cool places, or any places that I shouldn't miss?

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This weekend coming up 5/15-5/17
It looks like the real estate tyrants have claimed the section of 48th street where some real big music stores have been for awhile. Manny's is closing at the end of May as well as some others. Maybe I can snag some sort of door closing blowout sales.
I know its a LARGE area but I didn't know if there is some places that shouldn't be missed.
With the economy in the can there's gotta be some nice pawnshop scores somewhere.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Most of those places are actually owned by Sam Ash, including Manny's. There's a big GC on 14th St as well. Let me think, I'll get you a few more tomorrow.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I went to Sam Ash near Time Square, just happened to stumble by it while visiting NYC a couple of years ago.
I saw some of the most expensive guitars i have ever seen. 10 grand for an acoustic here 15 grand for an electric there. I was waaay out my league. LOL!
Aaah NYC what a city!
Anyway just wanted to wish you luck on your search.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
This weekend coming up 5/15-5/17
It looks like the real estate tyrants have claimed the section of 48th street where some real big music stores have been for awhile. Manny's is closing at the end of May as well as some others. Maybe I can snag some sort of door closing blowout sales.
I know its a LARGE area but I didn't know if there is some places that shouldn't be missed.
With the economy in the can there's gotta be some nice pawnshop scores somewhere.

thanks
Actually, that other building (where Sam Ash sheet music and wind instruments used to be) was recently condemned. The back wall is collapsing. Rumor is that a disgruntled employee tipped off the building inspectors. The inspectors showed up and they were told to vacate the same day.

·
Registered
540 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts