Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came out quite a while ago, but I bought the album just yesterday. Overall, the album did not impress me, but there's 30 seconds on it that make it worth the money paid. I'm talking 4:15-4:45 on "Never Enough".

I just literally can't get enough of it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Not their strongest album, but I do like the end of cut #4 with the heavy guitar part and the strings over the top.

It appears they are trying to move a little more to the center with this CD.

-Jemaholic

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think it's a good album but by no means one of their best.

The Root of All Evil, These Walls, Sacrificed Sons and Octavarium are all strong tracks i think, although the title track isn't a patch on the similarly massive ACOS and SDOIT.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Even I didnt listen to the last one.
After Awake, DT dissapointed me.
I cant really understand why they changed their brillant music with IAW an AWAKE for the rest of the albums.I dont see the point, because they change for worst.Mainly with the last ones wich seems to me that are commercial bussiness behind.
I really wonder if there will be another album like IAW.?

·
Registered
25 Posts
desertdweller said:
"These Walls" absolutely kills. It's one of the most emotional pieces they've done since the Awake album. I love Octavarium.
I agree.I still love These Walls,and usually give it a repeat everytime I listen to it.Although i havent been putting that cd in my player alot lately...
Right now I'm back on the Rush-VT mode :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.