Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out about this kid, Casey Jones... 18 years old and plays like he's from 1987!

Really puts the "young talent" of today to shame.

Also, he just became an endorsee for Kramer!

Hope for the music of the future, along with Airbourne, Steel Panther, etc!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just found out about this kid, Casey Jones... 18 years old and plays like he's from 1987!

Really puts the "young talent" of today to shame.

Also, he just became an endorsee for Kramer!

Hope for the music of the future, along with Airbourne, Steel Panther, etc!
Hey Silver!!!
Umm Steel Panther I was introduced to them by you right here. After Death to all but Metal I went browsing around for their material. They're not bad but I don't think they're enough to take down the kind that appears in the cover of Crawling Stoned Magazine these days ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Silver!!!
Umm Steel Panther I was introduced to them by you right here. After Death to all but Metal I went browsing around for their material. They're not bad but I don't think they're enough to take down the kind that appears in the cover of Crawling Stoned Magazine these days ;)
Not bad? NOT BAD?!?! Understatement of the year! Anyway, they seem to have opened the flood gates of 80s metal. Music stations are playing more "classic rock" (which seems to be ONLY 80s stuff with a bit of Queen/Sabbath) since they've became/becoming more popular etc.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
The kid's got a future and a memorable name too.
80's rock was an absolute blast when it ruled the world. People joke about the spandex and hairspray now, but it was the coolest time I remember. I played in a band 5/6 nights a week- money was good, girls were excellent and life awesome.

I think if the 80's style music and bands come back it would be great.....now where's that can of aquanet?????

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
80's rock was an absolute blast when it ruled the world. People joke about the spandex and hairspray now, but it was the coolest time I remember. I played in a band 5/6 nights a week- money was good, girls were excellent and life awesome.

I think if the 80's style music and bands come back it would be great.....now where's that can of aquanet?????
I don't think it was ever mocked as much as people made out, in anycase, 80s seems to becoming "hip" again. But in my book, if you mock hair metal, you mock Led Zeppelin. You think 80s metal was "girly", check out Robert Plant! -- http://www.earyago.com/sites/dmeyer/_files/Image/robert plant.jpg - http://groovyvic.mu.nu/archives/images/Robert_Plant02.jpg

Maybe it's true that all trends work in cycles...

·
Registered
322 Posts

Man that sounds sweet!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
He's not a bad player for 18 but he's light years behind Jason Becker at that age. Suppose it's cool to be endorsed by Gibso....sorry I mean Kramer, lol!! Anyway interesting playing and maybe one to watch.

·
Registered
791 Posts
SO WHAT??? That's my opinion on this guy dude, so I posted it!!!
Well you don't have to post in every single thread, and your opinion in this case would seem a bit superfluous. "He's not as good as Jason Becker at that age" being applicable to all but a handful of guitarists in history.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He's not a bad player for 18 but he's light years behind Jason Becker at that age.
Well, so what? I wasn't posting him for people to see how "skilled" he is (not that he isn't), but purely on the notion of how '80s he is, and his own badass songs/covers (which are among the greatest original songs/covers I've SEEN on youtube.)

Sorry if this came off as a bit harsh, but it's one of my pet peeves when people judge a guitarist solely on their skill level, and not on the whole picture. Beisides he's only 18, you might aswell comment on his intellect or knowledge of cosmology being lower than Stephen Hawkings!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Well you don't have to post in every single thread, and your opinion in this case would seem a bit superfluous. "He's not as good as Jason Becker at that age" being applicable to all but a handful of guitarists in history.....
I don't have to post in every single thread? Dude I'll post where I want and when I want, and I sure don't post in every single thread anyway. To you my post may seem superfluous yeah but are you gonna speak for everybody on here as well?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts