Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
After watching the clips (I've seen him play before) I decided to nab his instructional books. I'm hoping he can get me out of this rutt I've been in.

Wicked, wicked player.

Bamm

·
Registered
87 Posts
where can you buy one of thoses capo things that he pulls down on to the neck, so the string don't make noise when he does the tapping stuff in video clip #2?

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I don't remember what he uses on those clips (those are the Tone Merchants NAMM weekend clips?), but I have seen him using a hairband before.

·
Registered
681 Posts
man, consider my pants crapped-went to see vai on sunday-dont want to besmirch him, but i found guthries playing more tasteful, stylish and enjoyable! holy moley that man can play!

·
Registered
681 Posts
actually, hang on-this guys playing is pretty awesome!-this may extend in to a general question, but how do you get from modal and pentatonic noodling, which i can do with some proficiency and speed, to awesome fluid phrasing and amazing licks like his playing!? what the heck should i be learning?

·
Registered
881 Posts
pawel said:
I don't remember what he uses on those clips (those are the Tone Merchants NAMM weekend clips?), but I have seen him using a hairband before.
+1 same thing with greg howe. i guess jason becker first introduced that to greg howe back in the "shrapnel" days

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Saw these clips on the EJ forums a while ago and was blown away by his playing. I also heard him doing EJ's "Manhattan" -he totally nailed it. :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Al M said:
Check him out at music live at the NEC this weekend, he's releasing his solo album!
I really want to go, it will cost me a small fortune to get there though. I went there 2 years ago and I seem to recall that I got a return ticket via National Express coaches for just over a tenner. Not it looks as if it will be around thirty quid!

Not to mention NEC's ticket prices which seem to have increased over the years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts